ARK 4 Part 5

The Liang Family was a prestigious family in City B. Hence, Liang Ruowei's welcome banquet attracted a lot of people. Almost all the rich second-generation and third-generation of City B came. The Liang family villa was bright lit and lively.

Liang Ruowei, the eldest miss of the Liang family, was beautiful, gracious, and elegant. She was the focus of everyone in the audience. In particular, the key-shaped necklace on her neck. Many people had seen it before and people would inadvertently take a second look at it.

They discussed it in low voices, even Xu Chi and Ye Wei's names were drawn into their discussions.

After all, Xu Chi's confession caused a sensation in City B. Who didn't know that the necklace was a token of love between Xu Chi and Liang Ruowei?

"That necklace is a token of love from Xu Chi to her. They both have broken up for so many years. I didn't expect Liang Ruowei would still wear it?"

"Maybe it's because she can't forget her old love?"

"She was the one who was dead-set on leaving. Even when Xu Chi almost died in the hospital, she didn't come back to visit him. And now she wore that necklace to prove that she still likes Xu Chi? What a joke."

"Does it matter whether Liang Ruowei likes Xu Chi or not? I just know that Xu Chi has certainly not forgotten Liang Ruowei. Can't you see that Ye Wei and Liang Ruowei are getting more similar each passing day? Not only do they look alike, even their dresses share the same style!"

"I can see that. Don't you know that people say that Ye Wei is merely a stand-in for Liang Ruowei?"

"As for Ye Wei, she is quite pitiful. She thinks that Xu Chi likes her. Yet, when all is said and done, she is just a stand-in."

"If I find out that my boyfriend uses me as a stand-in, I will fight him to death!"

Liang Ruowei walked to a group of young misses with a red wine glass. She smiled at them, "What are you guys talking about that makes you so excited?"

"We haven't see you for so many years. Ruowei-jie, you have become more beautiful."

"Right, Ruowei-jie, you won't leave again, will you? How is your study on jewelry design going? Are you planning to open a studio?"

"Ruowei-jie is really amazing. If it were us, we wouldn't be able to do it. With our situation, we can only wait for our family to arrenge us for a blind date."

"Ruowei-jie is so enviable, you are too incredible."

"......."

Liang Ruowei merely smiled. She had no feelings for these plastic sisters. In fact, she resented them quite a bit. She still remembered that when the Liang family had an accident and needed to raise funds, she came to find them. Yet, they gave her a cold shoulder. She pressed down her resentment and said, "You guys have fun. I'll go there to have a look."

If it weren't for maintaining her current image, she wouldn't want to talk a word to them.

She walked around, dealing with people, with a glass of wine in hand. At last, she walked to the front and raised her glass. She smiled, "Thank you for coming today."

She had long been accustomed to this scene and could handle it with ease. She said some words and won a burst of applause. At the end of her speech, she suddenly said, "There is one more thing. I hope you guys can help me to be my witness. Today, I want to apologize to A'Chi."

In an instant, there was an uproar.

"What is Liang Ruowei doing? She actually apologized to Xu Chi publicly?"