ARK 5 Part 28

Ye Shichen was in the hospital.

Ye Wei had only heard about Ye Shicheng's illness recently. She couldn't sit still on the flight home. She complained to Ye Tao, "Why didn't I hear about this before? Papa's illness is this serious, and none of you tell me about it!"

Ye Tao was helpless and apologized, they didn't mean to hide it from her.

Ye Wei: "If we can't find a matching donor, will there be no hope for Papa?"

Ye Tao nodded with a heavy heart and comforted Ye Wei: "Don't worry, we are already looking for it. I believe Heaven never seals off all the exits. Papa will definitely be fine!"

Ye Wei was silent. Her head hung low, "Papa is the one that taught me there is still a good father in this world. He taught me how to love myself and live for myself. I don't want to lose him.'"

Ye Tao didn't want to lose his father either. He deeply understood Ye Wei's mood. If it were before, he would have felt that Ye Wei was ungrateful to the father who had raised her for 18 years. The current him would never think so. He knew that Ye Wei's words were sincere. Only during the days in the Ye Family did she receive true fatherly love.

He rubbed Ye Wei's head, "Everything will be fine. It's okay."

Ye Wei hummed quietly, but her face was still thick with worry.

Even Zhang Yu, who was sitting on the sidelines, couldn't help but give a few soothing words to her. He could understand Ye Wei's feelings at the moment. She finally had a family that truly loved her. She absolutely wouldn't want to lose any of them.

Tong Ke activated her wushu skill in words and gave her words of comfort to boost her benevolent image, "Weiwei, don't be sad. Uncle is a good person and God will protect him. Maybe a matching donor will be found when we get off the plane?"

Ye Ying glanced at Ye Wei who was showered with care and worry from the people around her. She pursed her lips and leaned her head on the window, dazedly staring at the sky.

————·————·————

They headed straight for the hopsital after they landed.

Ye Shicheng was asleep. They watched him for a while and left the ward carefully, Wang Hui's eyes were red with tears, seeing Ye Tao and Ye Wei, who had tanned by a degree, and recalling the miserable days Ye Wei had spent in the Chen family, she was even more depressed and heartbroken. She teared up again, "You're all back, it's fine as long as you are all back! It's good, it's good to be back."

Ye Ying rushed over to hug Wang Hui, "Mama, don't cry..."

Wang Hui patted her back, "Mn, Mama won't cry."

Wang Hui then pulled Ye Wei over, appearing very distressed, "Weiwei, don't go back to that family in the future. Chen Weiguo is too much! How could he treat you like that?"

Ye Wei smiled comfortingly, but shook her head, "I have to go back. Grandma is still there. I can't leave my Grandma behind."

Wang Hui eyed Ye Tao, "Why didn't you bring Ye Wei's Grandma back with you?"

Ye Tao looked away guiltily, "Grandma didn't want to. I have tried persuading her, but she just didn't want to."

"Why?" Wang Hui was startled. Her own son left her on her own. Why did she still want to stay in that place? There was no one around to take care of her, how could she live along like that?

Ye Tao brought Wang Hui to talk over privately and told her the answer, that Grandma Chen did not believe them. Grandma Chen saw that their family did not even care for their own blood, so, how could they sincerely care for her, an elderly without relation to them?