ARK 1 Part 2

Bang!

The door to the room was soundly kicked open. Liu Jia whirled around in alarm, while even Ye Wei was startled. The bowl in her hands shook and nearly spilled over. 

By the entrance stood a man who was none other than Sheng Zhiming! Behind him was his assistant wearing an expression of ridicule. It was obvious he had overheard their conversation.Liu Jia glanced between Sheng Zhiming and Ye Wei. 

His complexion looked ghastly, so it was likely he'd caught them talking. She wanted to box herself on the ears for asking all those questions.

 We're doomed doomed doomed. Why did this ancestor suddenly show up?! I was blocked at the door every other time I tried to call on him.

As expected, Ye Wei mused, The villainous supporting female can't say things behind people's backs, because she'll always expose her true cowardly, death-fearing side.

The man was 188cm tall and dressed in a simple undershirt and long pants. He had a powerful aura and the wound on his face did nothing to detract from his features. Instead, it made him look more wild and unrestrained. Those dark eyes shone with a dangerous light that simultaneously warned one to flee while drawing one closer. 

Currently, he was wearing an ugly expression, icy cold and predatory. He looked askance at Ye Wei, as if waiting for her to keep babbling."...." said Ye Wei. 

Finally, she sprawled to the side of the bed and said quickly, "Zhiming, don't misunderstand. I didn't mean it that way, so don't misjudge, ah..."

"Didn't mean it in what way?" the man asked frostily.

 "Heh."

"It's true, really. Believe me!"

"Then what did you mean? You'd block the knife for me?" Sheng Zhiming asked.Liu Jia rejoiced as she looked expectantly towards Ye Wei. Hurry up and say you're willing, that you would, ah!"...urk," Ye Wei trailed off

."Heh," Sheng Zhiming replied.Liu Jia forced her face into a smile.

 "So it's Sheng Jr., ah. You must have come to see our Wei Wei. The doctor says Wei Wei's injuries have gotten much better, she was only too frightened and needs time to soothe her spirits. Not only that, she'd been worrying about you to the point where she can't even eat. These past few days, she's shed a few pounds."

The handsome man gave a cold laugh. "She looks perfectly fine to me!"

Sheng Zhiming and Ye Wei had been together for a while. Although his heart wasn't set on this woman, he had always been exceptionally sensitive to other people's feelings. If he wasn't mistaken, Ye Wei's face didn't show a speck of worry or fear. She didn't care about his safety or feared that he'd be angry. Instead, her cheeks had even turned rosier after a few days in the hospital.Heh. You have the gall to say she cares about me like this?

"Trust me, I really am worried about you! I don't want you to die!" Ye Wei exclaimed

then asked, "Are you mad at me?"

The beautiful, voluptuous woman sitting on the bed was radiating loveliness. Despite wearing no makeup, her features looked even more delicately charming, weak, and tender. 

Her pretty eyes gazed at him with a sincerity that shook Sheng Zhiming for a second, because it was too genuine; he couldn't see a speck of hypocrisy there, though it just made the whole thing more like a sham. 

He thought of Ye Wei's curt "I won't" as his eyes froze into a chilling glance. 

Even the assistant by his side felt anxious and subtly shifted on his feet.As if he couldn't bother to comment, Sheng Zhiming gave a cold laugh before turning to leave. Liu Jia saw that everything was going wrong and hastened after him, pleading and offering explanations. But she didn't even earn a look and was stopped at the door by his bodyguards, then forced back into the room by the assistant.Liu Jia was both furious and fretful.