ARK 5 Part 19

Their vacation was held in July, a good time for farming.

During the farming season, Grandma Chen rose before dawn. She didn't eat any breakfast and went to the field to break off the corn as soon as she woke. At this time, she saw the sun breaking out from the cloud. The sun would start to scorch soon, and she wouldn't be able to work in the field. She must carry back all the corn in the field before the weather got hotter.

Ye Wei packed up the dishes and chopsticks and went to the kitchen. After a simple cleaning, she brought a basket on her back and went up the mountain with Grandma Chen. She tracked behind Grandma Chen, without sparing any glance at Ye Ying, which was the opposite of her arrogant and proud appearance at the Ye's House.

Ye Ying stared at the old woman in her sixties who carried a hoe on her shoulder as she climbed up the mountain. Such a sight hit her heart. "Is Nainai working alone?" Why don't Chen Weiguo and his wife help? At the end of the day, they are still relatives, aren't they.

Facing Ye Ying's question, Chen Weiguo's wife affirmed, "Indeed, she is."

Ye Ying: "......"

Chen Weiguo's wife took Ye Ying's hand, "Didn't you say you bring gifts? Let's go back and get them first."

In fact, what was in Chen Weiguo's wife was Ye Ying brought gifts to her grandma, so, she must have brought gifts for them too, right? Rich people's upbringing was undoubtedly different from them. Ye Ying was simply a fairy, unlike that sullen Ye Wei who never even called her "Ma" since she stepped here, let alone brought her gifts. It would already be considered a great thing if she gave her a sip of water.

Ye Ying watched Grandma Chen and Ye Wei ascend the mountain as she was pushed back home by Chen Weiguo's wife.

Ye Wei brought a lot of things with her. She prepared a watch for Chen Weiguo, a set of skin care products, a scarf, and a silk cloth for Chen Weiguo's wife, a scarf. She also prepared some clothes and toys for her half-brother who she had never met. While for Grandma Chen, she bought a gold bracelet, in addition, she also bought nutrients such as bird's nests.

Chen Weiguo's wife saw so many precious things and her expression was joyful. She examined, "How much does it cost?"

Ye Ying smiled, "It doesn't cost much. It's all small things. It's good if Auntie likes it."

"Of course I like it, how can I not? Your father has never worn a watch yet. If you wear it for him, he will be so happy!"

"... Mn, that's good as long as Auntie likes it." She was still unable to call Chen Weiguo "Papa", but she was happy that her gifts were appreciated.

She tidied up the gifts for Grandma Chen and prepared to bring them to her house.

Chen Weiguo's wife was apprehensive when she saw so many nutrients being given to the old woman. "Don't take so many. She is unacquainted with such things and doesn't know how to process them. You can just put it here and I will call her to come and eat it later."

Ye Ying considered her words and put down a few boxes before she was ready.

At this time, Tong Ke just woke up. She rubbed her shoulders and legs, crying out of pain and hunger. Seeing that the breakfast was cold, she became more aggrieved. Chen Weiguo's wife appeased quickly, "I'll heat it up for you."

Tong Ke was appeased and searched for Zhang Yu, "Why are you the only one here?"

Ye Ying answered truthfully, "I don't know. I didn't see them when I got up."

Chen Weiguo's wife said, "They should have gone out to play. The air is fresh in the mountains."

Tong Ke's spirit deflated when she heard the answer.