ARK 5 Part 9

When the familiar voice greeted Ye Ying's ears, she subconsciously grasped Zhang Yu's arm tightly, as if she finally found her life-saving straw. She shook her head, "I'm fine......"

Zhang Yu coldly voiced, "Ye Wei, Uncle Ye has made it clear that Ye Ying is also his daughter, even if you are Uncle's biological daughter, Uncle and Yingying have been a father and daughter for 18 years and their affections are real. They are not related by blood, but their relationship is thicker than that of blood. Family is the flesh and blood of one's own body. You can't drive away Yingying just like that."

Ye Ying tugged his arm, "Zhang Yu, stop it..."

"I'm telling the truth." Zhang Yu glanced at Ye Wei, "Ye Wei, this is the decision of Uncle and Auntie. If you are not satisfied with it, then you should go and talk to them."

This was the second time he saw Ye Wei. The first time was in the morning, he glanced at her from afar. He sensed that the girl was not as simple and honest as she appeared to be, because he could see the novelty, yearning, admiration, vague fear, and inferiority in her eyes. In the same fashion, he saw countless desires in her heart through her eyes.

Moreover, Ye Wei lived in the countryside for many years. She suddenly returned to her new home, which was dozens or hundreds of times better than her original home. Her mentality couldn't remain the same. At first, she may be happy, because she finally didn't have to endure hardship anymore. But later, she would feel dissatisfied. As long as Ye Ying was more beautiful and performed better than her, she would eventually bore the seeds of evil in her heart.

Just like now.

He observed Ye Wei closely for the first time. She lived in the countryside all year round, so her skin was not fair and white, but a healthy wheat color. She was thin, but also tall. Her skin was rough and her cheeks red. Shadows of Ye Shicheng and Wang Hui could be seen through her. In fact, she was not ugly like what the people said, her facial features were pleasing to the eyes. The bridge of her nose, coupled with her round eyes, shaped her small face nicely. As long as she didn't show her rows of white teeth when she stared at people, she could charm them.

This was also Ye Wei's first time seeing him. The bookish temperament on his face was reduced, showing more of his indisputably cold temperament.

Ye Wei questioned, "Who are you? I don't need an outsider to interfere in my family affairs. Don't poke your nose into other people's business like a dog. Just mind your own business."

......Don't poke your nose into other people's business like a dog?

Zhang Yu fell into a trance as Ye Wei scolded him. The Zhang Family had a prestigious status in City C. From childhood to adulthood, no one dared to scold him openly, and to think she openly called him a dog!

He choked, but his upbringing couldn't let him make a fuss with an uneducated girl. He lowered his gaze to her in a cold manner, "I am merely reminding you in a kind heart."

Ye Wei considered his words and replied succinctly, "Oh. Is that so. My bad, but I didn't feel an ounce of kindness from your reminder. I only felt your malice, so take back your malicious reminder. I don't need it."

"You......" Zhang Yu was rendered speechless by her, "You are simply unreasonable!"

Tong Ke hid behind Ye Wei. Seeing that Zhang Yu was rendered speechless, there was a clatter in her heart. Zhang Yu who she knew was always regarded highly by others, when had he been insulted as a dog? At this moment, she just wanted to stay far far away from Ye Wei so as not to be considered a bird of the same feather as her.

Ye Ying naturally stood up for Zhang Yu, "Jiejie, Zhang Yu is my friend. He said that for my sake. He is worried about me, so don't talk to him like that!"