ARK 5 Part 2

It was the first time for the Ye Family members and Ye Wei to truly meet each other. They saw her for the first time ever, not her in the picture, nor her in the words of others, but the real Ye Wei.

The rustic girl stood there with a bulging bag hanging on her shoulder and plastic bags in her hands, she peeked at them nervously, "I brought some specialties of our mountain..."

Albeit related by blood, as this was their first meeting, they were unfamiliar with each other and the atmosphere was a bit embarrassing.

Ye Shicheng looked at the plenty of things in the bags and was stunned. He didn't anticipate Ye Wei to bring so many things over. "Why did you bring so many things? I thought it would be better for you to come directly and put those away for later."

Wang Hui also looked at the pile of things and instructed to Auntie Zhang, "What are you looking at? Hurry up and help her. Bring all these things to the kitchen."

Auntie Zhang had wanted to help from the start, but Ye Wei wouldn't allow her. At last, she could take these things from Ye Wei's hands and bring them to the kitchen.

The weight in Auntie Zhang's hands was not as light as she imagined it to be. It was to be expected, a child that grew up in the mountains doing field work must indeed have extraordinary strength.

Ye Wei's dark face revealed a shy little smile, "It's not that much at all. I got up early this morning and went to the mountains to pick them up. They are very fresh."

Ye Shicheng and Wang Hui glanced at each other and noticed the helplessness in each other's eyes. Wang Hui spoke first, "You don't have to do this anymore. You can eat whatever you want at home."

Ye Wei blinked her eyes innocently, then nodded, "Mn. I understand. I saw it when I came here. There are no mountains here. There are houses and cars everywhere. Although there are flowers, grass, and trees on the road, they are not suitable for the growth of this kind of wild vegetable. I wouldn't be able to find these again even if I wanted to."

Wang Hui: "......"

Ye Tao added with a sigh, "My Ma means you don't have to do this kind of thing again in the future, Whatever you want to eat, just tell it directly to Auntie Wang. She will prepare it for you."

Ye Wei finally understood the meaning and waved her hand, "Gege, you misunderstood. It's not what I want to eat, but it's what I want to find for Papa and Mama to eat."

Ye Tao: "..." How could a person be this foolish?

Still, it was the first time he heard the title "Gege" from Ye Wei. He tousled his hair in awkwardness, uncomfortable all over.

Ye Wei: "Besides, it's not easy to climb mountains. Auntie Wang is old. It is taxing and dangerous to climb mountains. So I won't bother Auntie Wang."

Ye Tao was taken aback, "... Dangerous? What is the danger?"

Ye Wei then described, "There are dangers everywhere. The mountain is steep and there are also wild animals in them. An uncle in the village next door accidentally encountered a wild boar when he went to collect wood in the mountain. He almost died and now still lying in the hospital!"

Ye Tao: "... Then you still dare to go?"

Ye Wei: "I don't dare ah."

Ye Tao: "???"

Ye Tao: "Forget it. Anyway, you won't have to eat this kind of wild vegetable again in the future."

Ye Wei: "Why?"