81 | i hate ( love ) you.

" you ate like you are pregnant with triplets. " yeri told sicheng, who finished his second plate. she slowly pushed her half-eaten plate of pasta, before she opened her phone. sicheng took the plate from yeri's side, ignoring her sudden remark. " sicheng, you can't do that ! in your whole life, haven't you stepped into a fancy restaurant ?! " she almost yelled, making sicheng smile.

" yeri, my parents didn't take me on their dates, i didn't like restaurants because they were boring to me, but i will never leave a plate that isn't empty here. " sicheng told yeri, who let out a small scoff. " now, i know that you like these restaurants, and i try to get used to it. but i will always finish the food you left on the plate. " he said, as he started eating the food peacefully.

" sooyoung still hasn't texted me. i wonder what happend, since she always used to reach out to me if anything happend. tomorrow is also saturday, a day in which we usually sleep over at your apartament. " yeri sighed, as sicheng put the empty plate next to the others. " please tell me that you also made an appointement to get your eyes checked. "

" she might be unaware that jungwoo is getting married, which is clearly the best for her. yeri, i doubt that she wants to get tangled in a situation that has to do with her being the alleged homewrecker, so i think you two should leave jungwoo in sooyoung's past, because leaving people in the bast is something i'm great at ! " he smiled, as yeri started laughing. " i am not joking. "

" you ghosted and blocked the numbers of all the girls you talked with. " yeri continued laughing, as she tried to cover her face. " i still think that you somehow planned for the two of us to meet, like the time you just happend to come at the event you called boring, but i happend to be there already. " she eyed sicheng, who took the bill from the waiter.

sicheng handed the waiter his credit card, not choosing to look at the price he had spent on food. " i remember that you chose to accept the invitation after hearing that i was coming to it. " he asked yeri, who started shaking her head. " yeri, do not like to me ! i know the truth, because dad told me about it after we went out on our first date ! "

" your father is wrong ! " yeri yelled, as sicheng shaked his head. " okay, maybe i did come to the boring event because of you and your sudden attendance, but that doesn't mean it was .. the only reason ! " she looked around, before she let out a small sigh. " okay, you were the only reason, but .. in my defense, i sacrificed my time and well-being to come and see you ! the event didn't even have a red carpet ! " she yelled.

the waiter brought sicheng his credit card. the two got up, as sicheng helped yeri put her jacket on. he held her hand, as the two walked down the street. sicheng unlocked his car, running to open the door for yeri. yeri smiled, before getting inside the car. sicheng quickly enterd, starting the engine. it was quite chilly outside.

after a few minutes, sicheng was driving around the city. yeri was looking out the window, before a small smile appeard on her face. she looked back at sicheng, before holding his free hand. sicheng looked at her, before smiling back towards her. yeri looked around sicheng's car, suddently remembering their first date. she remembered how scared she was that sicheng wasn't going to be a great person, and he wasn't, at first, but yeri grew to love the man that had left her all alone in his car.

" sicheng, i've never believed in stupid little things, like soulmates or anything like it, until i met you. " she let out a laugh, as sicheng held her hand tightly. " in my whole life, i never felt so loved my a man, i never felt so happy around a man. and, i really thought that you wouldn't make me feel happy, but now i realised how wrong i was. " she looked out the window again.

" yeri, can you come to our apartament ? i have important things to tell you !! " sooyoung texted yeri, as she widened her eyes. yeri tapped sicheng's shoulder, showing him the message that sooyoung had sent her. " i guess your friend either found out about jungwoo's marriage, or the little plan you and doyoung had actually worked out. " sicheng told yeri, who nodded. " if sooyoung doesn't tell you about jungwoo, you will not tell her anything. "