22 | defend and offer.

" have a safe ride home. i wish to come with you, but i have to immediately get ready and head to my father's meeting. " sicheng said, as yeri nodded. he got closer to her, as yeri pulled him into a hug. they held onto eachother, before sicheng broke their hug, smiling at her.

" call me later. " yeri said, as sicheng held her hand. they looked at eachother. yeri approached sicheng, placing a small kiss on his lips. sicheng's smile grew, as yeri got in the car, driving off. sicheng looked at the car, before he walked back in his house, running upstairs to his closet.

sicheng called kun, but it seemed like his friend was answering. sicheng let out a sigh, before he threw his phone aside, taking out a suit. he was approximately thirty minutes late to this meeting, which meant that his father was very angry with him, but didn't that happen all the time ?

after changing, sicheng got out of his closet. he looked at one of the maids, who handed him a briefcase. sicheng looked at it, confused, before he opened it. he widened his eyes, realising that he had to bring some important paperwork that his father had been talking about for a few weeks.

sicheng rushed out of the house, getting in his car. the car drove off, as he opened his phone. he tried calling kun again, looking out the window, counting down the minutes until he would have to hear his father yell at him and call him useless once again. lost in his thoughts, sicheng didn't notice that kun declined his call. after a few minutes, sicheng finally put his phone away.

his driver parked infront of the office building. he ran into the elevators, ignoring all of the people who were either bowing or welcoming him to their workplace. he got out of the elevator, making his way to the office room. he burst in the room, looking at his father, who was presenting an idea.

" is he the one who will take over the company ? because he is late again. " a member of the board of directors joked, as sicheng took a deep breath. he handed the briefcase to his father, who let out a sigh. " i don't support him to be the chairman. his brother was better. "

sicheng sat on one of the chairs. he looked around, before his phone began ringing. he widened his eyes, declining the call as fast as he could. sicheng looked at the rest of the directors, before he finally looked down.

" we shall continue. " mr. dong said, glaring towards his son. " since sicheng was finally able to bring the papers we were supposed to discuss at the start of this meeting, we will be talking about the current promotion of our company. "

" i have an idea. why won't we make your son's girlfriend the ambassador of the brand ? we have the entertainment branch, use her as a way to bring some more money. " another director let out a laugh, as sicheng glared towards him.

" yeri isn't just a way to bring money. " sicheng scoffed, " she worked her way up in the modelling industry, not for you to try and hire her for a few hundred ! " he yelled, as the rest of the members looked at him, shocked at what he said.

" sicheng, why aren't you the one that pays her ? you choose the amount and we will tell her what to do. it won't be that hard to convince her, afterall, everyone wants money. " his father said, as sicheng shaked his head.

" father, do you hear yourself ?! yeri won't just listen to anyone. she does only what she wants and accepts, and i won't force her to do anything. " sicheng said, " she is busy, she doesn't have time to work with us. i will try to, only if you agree to allow her to have her own creative freedom. "

" okay, okay. " mr. dong agreed, as he looked at the screen, which lit up. " as we know, we have been trying to make our own computer parts. however, i don't know how we will be able to get yeri to promote that. though, we are also going to re-open our bakeries. that will be what we are going to ask yeri to promote. "

sicheng couldn't remember what they were talking about for the rest of the meeting. was he okay with yeri promoting the brand that his father owned ? what if she didn't want to ? that's when he remembered that he promised to go to yeri's photoshoot today. at what hour was it ? he widened his eyes, before he got up, scaring his father.

" i need to leave faster today. " sicheng said, putting his jacket on. he walked out of the room, as the rest of the directors were shocked to see how quickly sicheng left the meeting.

sooyoung began walking around the studio, looking at yeri's messages with sicheng. she was waiting the message that sicheng was supposed to send yeri, but it seemed like he forgot to show up. yeri was posing infront of the camera with a smile on her face, clearly waiting for sicheng to come.

sooyoung let out a sigh. she got out of the studio, running to the parking lot. she looked for sicheng's car, until spotting sicheng, walking towards her. sooyoung smiled, putting yeri's phone back in the pocket.

" you're finally here. " sooyoung let out another sigh, in relief, " yeri has been waiting for you to come. she started her photoshoot, but she almost postponed it for you to come. " she hit his shoulder, as sicheng nodded.

" sorry, i had a meeting with my father. " sicheng said, walking past sooyoung. she scoffed, before they both enterd the studio. yeri was sitting behind the camera, as the crew changed the set-up. " yeri, i'm sorry for being late. as i said, i had a meeting. " he kissed the top of her head, as yeri nodded.

" it's fine. " yeri smiled back, as sicheng let out a laugh. " how was the meeting ? you told me that you were late for it this morning. " she asked, as sicheng let out a sigh. " oh no, that doesn't sound too good. "

" we need a promotion plan for the re-opening for our bakery. and my father wants you to be the new ambassador for our brand. " sicheng said, as yeri widened her eyes. " i tried to tell my father that you won't take any sponsorships. "

" how much is he willing to pay me ? if he's actually interested to tell me about a price, he will have to contact sooyoung and then i will have to accept the price. " yeri explained it to sicheng, as he nodded at her words.

" you see, yeri .. " sicheng looked at her, before holding her hand. they looked straight into eachother's eyes, " remember the ring you showed me yesterday ? i will get that for you. this re-opening means a lot to me, so i was chosen to ask you for a price. "

sooyoung looked at them, before yeri turned to her. she walked closer to her friend, as sooyoung took out her notebook. yeri looked at sicheng, before she cleared her throat.

" i agree to do it, since you promised to buy me that ring. " yeri said with a smile, as sicheng nodded. " sooyoung, can you hold this ? " she asked, taking off her robe. sooyoung nodded, as yeri walked up to the camera once again.

" oh, she's beautiful. " sicheng whispered, mostly to himself, before sooyoung turned to him. " what ? "