31 | well, it's hard to be calm.

after the whole ghost situation, sicheng was scared to be awake at night. but that was besides the point, it's not like he was the only one who was terrified of a movie. sicheng played his with pen, waiting for yeri to stop by any minute. he let out a sigh, already thinking about sleeping the moment he reached home.

before he could look up, the door burst open. yeri walked in, holding her purse. she ran towards sicheng, who got up from his seat, pulling yeri into a tight hug. after a few minutes, yeri let go of their hug, now holding his hand.

" what brings you here today ? are you here to surprise me again ? " he let out a laugh, as yeri raised her eyebrow. " i didn't mean to anger you again. " sicheng sighed, fixing yeri's hair.

" you aren't even happy to see me. should i just leave and let you do your stupid work ?! " yeri began yelling, as sicheng just shaked his head, unsure of what to answer her. " sicheng, why can't you just be excited to see me. "

" i am happy to see you, and i love when you come to visit me at work ! " sicheng yelled back at yeri, who looked away from him. " you always twist my words in hopes of starting a fight with me. " he scoffed, as yeri turned around.

" if that's the case, then i'm leaving. " yeri said, before she reached the door to sicheng's office. she looked at him for one last time, as sicheng avoided her gaze. " are you going to come to my baking party ? "

" i'll think about it. " sicheng replied to yeri in a colder tone, as he sat back down on his chair. " why are you still here ? you said that you're going to leave. " he looked at yeri, who walked back to him.

" sicheng, i made you an invitation for the party ! you have to come, that's what i wrote on the invitation ! " yeri said, as she held sicheng by his arm. " please, please, i need you to come ! i want you to come ! "

" do you always have to think i'm not happy with your visits ? " sicheng asked her, " because you always seem to find a problem with everything i say. "

" i didn't .. " yeri sighed, before she forced out a tear from her eye. " sicheng, i really didn't want you to think about it that way. " she began crying, as sicheng got up, pulling yeri into a hug.

" yeri, i'm so sorry. " he whispered to her, as a small smile appeard on yeri's face. " i will come to your party. don't ever think that i won't show up to something important for you. " sicheng kissed her ear, as yeri let out a laugh.

" aw, thank you ! " yeri pulled out of their hug, as she jumped for a few times. " i knew i could count on you. i love you so much. " she kissed his cheek, as sicheng smiled towards her.

" tomorrow, right ? " sicheng asked, as yeri nodded. " i should pack your gift. and cancel the meeting i had tomorrow morning. " he said, as yeri nodded. " what do you think i have bought you ? "

" i don't know. either way, i will enjoy it ! " yeri replied to sicheng, who nodded. " but i still want something lavish. or .. i worded it badly, actually, no, i didn't. " she let out a laugh, as sicheng smiled.

" of course. " sicheng kissed her cheek again, as yeri looked at the clock. she let out a small sigh, " is there anything wrong ? do you have anywhere else to go ? " he asked, as yeri nodded.

" i have to meet up with someone. " she rolled her eyes, as sicheng raised his eyebrow. " my mom came to the city. can you believe that woman, that hasn't talked to me in five years, just happens to come and want to talk to me all of a sudden. "

" your mother hasn't talked to you in such a long time ? " sicheng asked, as yeri nodded. " that is so weird of her. " he walked back, sitting back down. " i would say to have fun, but .. i guess you won't have any of that. "

" you should rather wish me luck. " yeri let out a laugh, walking out of the office.

yeri got out of her car. she walked to the terrace of the restaurant, seeing her mother. she looked as terrible as yeri imagined she would be. yeri tried cracking a smile towards her mother, who got up.

" yeri, it's been so long since we've seen eachother. " her mother reached out for a hug, as yeri completely ignored it. " i am sorry for not contacting you for so long, it's been a hard time. "

" how is it ? " yeri asked, before she looked over the menu. " because i've been doing amazing. i am having so much fun with my life. " she smiled, as her mother let out a sigh.

" do you like to talk about yourself only ? " her mother asked, as yeri widened her eyes. " i don't understand why you always find different topics that only are about you. "

" you don't even make sense, woman. " yeri gritted her teeth, " because, as a mother, you should listen to whatever they talk about ! " she yelled, as her mother was clearly taken aback by what she said.

" yeri, i was talking about how hard life was for me, knowing that my daughter was spending time with a stupid heir ! " she yelled, as a waiter brought yeri her coffee.

" can you shut up about sicheng ?! " yeri yelled back, " he has nothing to do with how terrible of a mother you were. " she scoffed, as her mother shaked her head.

" he has ruined you, yeri ! i've seen how you've been acting since you first made that public appearance with him. " her mother said, as her face turned red. yeri looked away, as she slowly drank her coffee.

" he's been here for me for more time than you've ever been. and i love him more than i will ever love you. "