A Moment Together***

"Again," Bucky's voice is soft yet commanding, filling the gym with a sense of determination. You set yourself in motion, your fists meeting the sturdy resistance of the punching bag. Sweat drips down your body as you throw one punch after another, feeling the exhilarating release with each strike.

One punch, two punches. Ow! Suddenly, a sharp pain radiates from your right side, causing you to abruptly halt. You clutch your side, beads of sweat mixing with the frustration on your face. Resting your forehead against the bag, you surrender momentarily to the setback, while Bucky approaches with concern evident in his eyes.

He clicks his tongue sympathetically, his concern evident. "Still spasming?" he asks, his voice filled with both understanding and encouragement. You nod wearily, still gripping the bag for support. "Well, you managed to push through for a whole hour this time," he says proudly. "You aren't fully healed yet, but you're making progress, doll."

"It's only been three weeks," you remind yourself aloud, a gentle reminder to temper any frustration with your body's recovery. You wince as you gingerly sit down on the mat, Bucky settling beside you, offering you a bottle of water. "How are your mom and Natasha doing?" he asks, acknowledging the underlying tension that lingers in the air. You shrug wearily, the weight of disappointment settling in. "They go to therapy together twice a week. I'm not sure what happens during their sessions, but it seems to result in the same silence and tension at home."

Your disappointment with their strained relationship fills your body. Both your mother and Natasha are stubborn in their own ways, and all you long for is to see them rekindle the friendship they once had. You yearn for Natasha and your wedding to be a joyful celebration, free from any underlying tension.

"How's therapy going for you?" Bucky asks, deftly changing the topic and sensing the stress that arises when discussing Wanda and Natasha. "It's going well," you respond, grateful for the progress it has made in easing your nightmares. No longer needing Natasha's soothing words to fall back to sleep, you've been able to find moments of respite. Even Natasha's nightmares have subsided, and she appears more rested, having discussed it in therapy, even in front of Wanda during their sessions.

Bucky and you sit quietly for a little while longer, until you determine that the spasms have finally subsided. He extends a helping hand, gently guiding you to your feet, and leads the way out of the gym as you make your way to shower.

"Hey, Pete!" you greet him with a warm smile having just showered, spotting him engrossed in his homework on the kitchen island. He's currently enrolled in shield's summer program for rookie recruits. "Hey!" he responds with a big smile, his eyes shining with excitement. "How was school?" you ask, leaning against the counter, eager to hear about his experiences.

"It's tough," he admits, causing a furrow to appear on your brow. "Why? What's going on?"

"It's just so many egos in one program," he says in a slightly stressed tone.

"Yeah, I understand, but that won't last for long. Wait until they meet Natasha in the fall," you say with a mischievous smile, a gleam of pride in your eyes. You know that the love of your life is the most intimidating woman there is, aside from your mother, of course.

Pete chuckles, nodding his head in agreement. "Yeah, I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they realize who the head of the program is."

Your phone buzzes with a reminder, bringing your attention to Bruce's follow-up appointment about your healing ribs. Excusing yourself from the kitchen, you make your way to Bruce's office within the compound and gently knock on the door.

"Come in," Bruce's soft voice invites you. As you enter, he greets you with a warm smile and motions for you to take a seat. Leaning back in his chair, his demeanor transforms to a more serious, yet caring, expression. "How are you feeling?" he asks firmly, his gaze intent on ensuring you answer honestly.