New Supervisor

Y/N POV
(Same day)

Gently laying on my left side, my eyes shut as I feel Natasha's hands massage my scalp.

"Detka?" She whispers

"Hmm?"

"You're not hurting your eye lying like this, are you?"

I gently shake my head, "no, love. I'm not putting too much pressure on it."

"Okay..Do you remember what happened?" Her voice soft.

"I do."

"I'm sorry..for everything," her lips brush in my hair as she kisses the top of my head.

"Please stop apologizing Nat. This isn't your fault. I was grateful for you the whole time." I say into her chest while her hand keeps me in place.

"Grateful?"

I nod into her chest."You taught me to protect myself. I'm alive because of you," I sigh, "every time I was able to take another person down, I was thankful for you."

I lift myself up as her hands protest against the movement.

"I don't move, y/n"

"I'm okay, I want to give you a kiss," I lean up to her gently pressing my lips against hers.

"I love you, Nat."

"Mmm, I love you Y/n" she pecks my lips once more before gently pushing me back down on her chest.

"Oh, I wanted to let you know that, I took it upon myself to let Alex know about you." Natasha speaks softly.

"Oh? You told him everything?"

"Mhm, He wanted to come see you but, Tony wasn't sure about outsiders coming to the compound...I kept him updated though."

"Hmm. That's understandable, thank you for doing that. I'll have to meet up with him once I'm better." I smile into her holding her tightly.

We lay there in comfortable silence until I decide to break it.

"How's Yelena? I feel like I've seen everyone else expect her and Carol?"

I hear Natasha scoff. Keeping my head placed on her chest, I raise my eyebrow at the noise.

"Yelena, sh-she's okay." She says hesitantly, her hand continues running through my hair.

"Oh? Are Kate and her good?"

"Mhmm. They're good."

"Hm. Okay. It's just that, I haven't seen her...so I didn't know if anything happened."

Natasha sighs, "she's just worried about you. You're like a sister to her, It's hard for her to deal with her own emotions."

"Ah...I see...and Carol?" Her hand stops running through my hair. I slowly lift my chin up looking at her face. Natasha's jaw clenched as her hands softly grip me tight.

"Baby?" She looks down at me, her face softening immediately. I softly place my cheek back into her chest waiting for her to answer.

"She was there when you were asleep." She says dryly.

"Oh, that was sweet of her."

"Sweet of her?" She says sharply. "Why do you care if she was there?" Her tone growly.

Taken a back at the tone of her voice, I stumble over my words, "oh..I-um, I consider her as my friend...so I was just wondering..." she cuts me off, "A friend? Is that what she is? I don't remember any of my friends hands all over me, or in my room in the middle of the night." She scoffs