Breathe

My body flips on my back everything seems slow and voices muffled as if everyone is underwater. Hands roam my body, another hand putting pressure on my injured right hand. I feel panic rising in my chest as it becomes hard to catch my breath squeezing my eyes shut.

"Get her in cuffs!" Someone orders, my eyes snap open my mind still processing what had just occurred. Was the gunshot from Diana? Or was it someone else? Is Natasha okay?

"Honey, baby just stay with me," my worries get pushed aside when I see her face over mine. Her green panicked eyes roaming my body as her hand rest on my chest feeling my heart beat rapidly. "Breathe with me baby," she instructs, her hand moving my uninjured hand to her chest feeling her heart dangerously pound through her shirt.

I feel her take a deep breath in, her eyes watching me struggle to take a breath my throat closing with anxiety, body screaming at me to sleep to not allow it to feel any sort of pain.

"You piece of shit!" A strong voice startles me, my eyes darting around Natasha's body. "Wanda don't!" Steve grabs ahold of her, a presences next to me makes their way over to her not realizing there was anyone else near me other than Natasha.

My eyes scan around, trying to assess what is going on, but all I can see is beautiful red hair, her body hovering over me, the feeling of her soft touch her finger tips on my wrist. Her lips move but I can't hear her anymore, my senses overwhelmed, shutting my eyes before reopening them trying to refocus on her mouth, feeling myself concentrate more, coming back to reality.

"Gunshot wound to her right hand, She was struck in the left cheek; swelling and immediate bruising." she leans over me more, removing what she had on my hand when another rough hand takes hold of it making me hiss out in pain.

Natasha's eyes snap from mine, face tightening furrowing her brows,"gentle with her, damnit!" She orders the person whose rough hands inspect mine. "Sorry Agent Romanoff," the man says loosening his hold.

"Vision let go of me!" Wanda shouts, making my eyes shift from Natasha's face to Vision, who holds Wanda back watching her thrash her body trying to get loose from his strong hold. "Darling you need to calm down," he says, his cheek pressing against hers as she throws the back of her head into his shoulder wiggling her body. "I want to see my baby!" She cries out.

"Not when you're like this, You can't be stressed.." Vision embraces her more, his lips soothingly touch her cheek a gesture to calm her. "You keeping me from her will not help!"

"Female, early 30s shot in the chest. Agent Danvers...." My eyes snap to my right, seeing Carol being wheeled away on a stretcher. "Look at me Detka," Natasha's finger tips tilt my head forward, "can I see your beautiful eyes on me?" Natasha says in a calming voice my eyes move to her when an oxygen masks gets placed over me startling me.

"You're okay," she brushes some hair out of my face, her head tilting up moving her body to the side of my body allowing EMTs to have room.

"Y/n Maximoff, age 28; gunshot wound to the right hand; struck with a fist to her left cheek." An EMT informs the others, "Agent Romanoff's significant other and Agent Maximoff's daughter. If you need information about Y/n go to them. Y/n is uncommunicative but awake." He adds.

"Agent Romanoff is she on any medications?" Another EMT asks her. "No, she's not taking anything."

"Is there any chance she's pregnant?"

"No,"  she says in sad tone her soft eyes look down at me her hand caressing my cheek. "Y/n?" A woman says, "we are going to put you on a stretcher, okay?" I divert my eyes from the safety of Natasha's alluring green to the woman who speaks, nodding my head in response.

The EMTs lift my body onto the stretcher rolling me away making me panic when I can't see my mother or Natasha not wanting to be alone.

"You're okay," the sweet woman assures me sensing my anxiety and noticing how I tense more. I relax when I see Natasha climb into the back with me, her hand taking my left hand squeezing it letting me know she's here.

**
An hour later

"Fury," Maria enters his office, "we have Diana she's in interview room 7."

"I assume she's healed from Romanoff's bullet?" he asks, looking through papers that scatter over his desk. "Yes, sir," Maria replies. He sighs, rubbing his forehead looking up from the papers, "how's Danvers and Maximoff?"

"Carol is in surgery and so is Y/n-"

Meanwhile

Natasha hides her face in her hands, Wanda paces back and forth. Yelena sits beside Kate as the rest of the team heads back to deal with Diana.

"Wanda," Vision stands up, "please try to sit," he squeezes her shoulder but she just shrugs it off, "Don't." She says coldly anger building in her, "I knew something was going to happen." She mumbles under her breath, "I should've canceled I shouldn't have listened to her!" Natasha lifts her face out of her hands in disbelief that she's putting this on herself.

"Don't." Natasha says, "Carol was the one who endangered her." Natasha grits out, still extremely anger as Carol ignored orders puting her beautiful girl at risk.

"if Natasha didn't defy orders It could've been a lot worse," Yelena interjects, "she'll be okay." Yelena tries to calm them. The room filled of tension and anxiety as they wait for any news.

Few hours pass...

"It's been four fucking hours they said two!" Natasha gets antsy as she joins Wanda in pacing. The waiting room door slams open Bruce entering with a panic look in his eyes, bypassing everyone as he gets escorted into the surgical wing causing more questions to a raise. 

"Can someone tell us what's going on!?" Wanda shouts at a nurse who rushes to follow, stopping in her tracks wanting to help calm the family. "Who you waiting for?" She asks, wanting to make sure she had the right family only assuming they are there for Y/n.

"My daughter, Y/n Maximoff," Wanda says in a calmer voice. The nurse gives a sad smile squeezing Wanda's shoulder, "I'll go check for you."

"Thank you," Natasha mumbles, letting out a deep breath.

Five minutes later the same nurse comes back with a doctor. "Y/n's family?" The doctor walks up to them.

"Yes," everyone stands up, Wanda and Natasha stopping in place. "I'm doctor Grey." She says taking a deep breath, "There were a few complications," she starts off with, "we sewed up her hand, but what we weren't expecting was her body to bruise.."

"The torture serum?" Yelena immediately suggests. The doctor nods as she scrolls through her tablet looking through Y/n's medical records. "We called Bruce, and we are working with him in getting the serum to subside." She looks between Wanda and Natasha sighing, "I don't want to alarm you, but we have placed her in a medically induced coma." The group is not surprised as they have already dealt with this prior, "we have put her on life support her body is not functioning properly as it's trying to fight off the serum."

"Life support?" Natasha mumbles, "what do you mean life support?" Natasha panics, clenching and unclenching her hands a nervous habit as she digs her finger nails into the palm of her hand.

"It doesn't mean what every one thinks it means," Dr. Grey tries calming them, "it just means the machine is helping her breathe, making her breathe better. Her oxygen level is too low for a simple oxygen mask. This machine makes her breathe at a normal rate. She's on this until her vitals are stronger, and her body is able to create a normal breathing rhythm. And we'll keep her sedated so the tube won't bother her." Wanda sits down defeated, head thrown in her hands as Natasha stands next to her rubbing her back, "I'll grab you when she's back in a room." Dr. Grey says giving a sad smile.

"Thank you." Yelena answers for everyone as they watch her return back behind the two heavy doubled doors.

The only thing they can do now is just wait and Natasha is tried of waiting, she's tired of bad things happening to her. Natasha grabs her jacket Wanda snapping her head up, "where you going?"

"To deal with Diana." Natasha's tone laced with venom as she disappears out of the waiting room.