I still love you

Y/N POV

We reach the compound stepping out of the car walking inside.

We walk down the hall towards the kitchen, our heels clicking in sync with one another. Turning the corner, I see Natasha sitting at the kitchen island with her laptop.

"Hey Natasha," I smile at her keeping my distance.

"Hi Y/n," she smiles, keeping her possessive gaze on me.

"Hi Agent Romanoff," Diana says taking the glass of water from me.

"Hi." She spits out avoiding Diana, keeping her eyes on me.

Awkward tension fills the room, turning to Diana clearing my throat.

"Would you like to sit at the dinning table?" I ask her

"Mm, yes." She says, sipping on her water.

The table is only a couple feet away from Natasha. I can see her move herself lining her vision towards us.

"So, Diana. You wanted to talk to me?" I sit across from her.

"Yes, I did. I was hoping to speak to you about what happened...between us." She says softly, her eyes hold guilt.

"Hmm..right. Where you left me naked in bed?" I take a sip of my water looking at her, with a raised eyebrow.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Natasha tense up. I feel her eyes burning into me.

"I'm sorry, about that Y/n.." she sighs, "I can explain...and you may not believe me...but-"

I shake my head cutting her off, "Diana, all I want from you is the truth. As long as you can do that, I will believe you."

She nods

"Everything I'm going to tell you Y/n, is the truth. I promise." She let's out a deep breath, "the reason I left was to protect you."

"To protect me?"

She nods."Do you know who Wonder Woman is?"

I nod, "yeah, she's the mysterious superhero." I lean back in my chair crossing my arms.

"Right.Wonder Woman is me." My eyes widen

"You're Wonder Woman? But...how? How did I not know?" I ask softly, feeling like a complete idiot.

She reaches for my hand which I quickly pull away.

"I was trying to protect you. You were the first person that I fell in love with after my last relationship...I was scared of you leaving..."

"Why..why would you think that?" I ask sadly

"Y/n...you were...you are...the most important person in my life...I-"

I scoff at her cutting her off. "How can you say important.."

She sighs looking at me sadly."Because you are.."