Waiting

NATASHA POV

It's been four hours since Bruce had taken Y/n from me. During the first two hours, Wanda and I paced back and forth anxiously waiting. Wanda couldn't take it anymore she ended up storming out of the room leaving me alone. I could hear her breaking down as she rushed down the hallway. By then, my tears had dried up, I couldn't cry anymore. I felt numb until I let myself feel again.

Anger.

Currently stalking the halls for Tony, who I haven't seen since ordering him out of the room. I was too lost in my thoughts accidentally bumping into someone.

"Sorry." I say shortly, their hand softly grabs onto my shoulder, making me turn around.

"Natasha?" Fury scans my eyes as if he's trying to look for something. But, as soon as I see him, my anger grows.

He said it was safe...my y/n is hurting because of him...

"You." I point my finger at him stepping closer, my other hand curls into a fist, "You said it was safe!" I spit out.

"Natasha, listen to me. I personally sat there for two weeks, no one was there.." he raises both of his hands surrendering stepping backwards.

"Then what the fuck happened!?" I step closer to him, rage fuels me, "and where the fuck is Tony!?" Fury quickly pulls me into a conference room nearby, he sighs.

"We aren't sure how it got compromised, we're still looking into it." He steps forward, his eyes soften, "Natasha. I know you have feelings for her.. I knew before you were her supervisor." my heart stops, my eyes widen.

He knew...and still made me her supervisor.

"You knew! This whole time?!" He doesn't acknowledge me as he continues to speak. "You need to make a decision. Either step down as her supervisor, or stop what's going on between you two."

Easy choice

"I step down as her supervisor." I say without hesitation.

He shakes his head, "Then Jackson will get reassigned to her."

"What! Absolutely not!"

"Natasha, don't you get it!? It was either him or you to train her.." he rubs his forehead in frustration, "I was only trying to protect her just as much as you were," he sighs. "Listen, I don't care if you have a relationship with her..but the board committee-" I cut him off, crossing my arms," Fury, you're the director. Who cares what the board thinks?!"

Shaking his head, "They have just as much power as I do."

"This doesn't make sense....how can Jackson be her supervisor, he isn't allowed near her? After everything he has done to her...how could you allow that!" I can feel my jaw clenching more at the thought of him, my body is restless as I start pacing.

"You're right he isn't allowed near her. But, he could easily go to a judge to have that condition removed. Jackson can prove that he has been following his treatment and has stayed away from her,"

I whip my head around glaring at him.