Hope

(I heard this song again for the first time in years, and I just realized, I literally missed a chapter I wanted to write at the start and instantly switched to anger for Camael, skipping the 'unsure of what to do' stage of her exile SO I AM WRITING IT!!! Lute will be back in the next chapter but this chapter is sitting in my drafts and it actually is somewhat something that would explain something so yeah.... I shift it to the correct place later, it was meant to be between 'overlord' and 'Lucien' so if it is not there that means I forgot to put it in the right place)

Pissed.

She felt pissed.

And so guilty.

Camael couldn't get it out of her head.

She killed, she killed so many, she found out she accidentally became an overlord by killing that annoying guy and now was fighting to not be killed by the other overlords.

Willingly or not she was building up an empire of souls she owns because of killing the overlord that owned them before.

And that was fine... It was fine.

But with the fear growing and the people less willing to try to hurt her, hiding from her... She had more time to think about all that happened.

She was so fucking angry at anything that she could have just started crying.

Why did Lucifer still keep the tees she liked around? Why did his daughter like her? Why oh why was she blamed so easily?

Camael did what she was made to do, she was the angel to do the dirty job of heaven, she was war, she was courage... Yes... She knows she killed angels and covered it up but it was for the best of heaven no matter how sadistic it was, everything was for heaven and she was fucking discarded.

She sat on the ledge of a building, watching with mixed emotions the dirty sinners down below, just wanting to gut them all still... Maybe it would buy her way back into heaven.

Looking at heaven, yeah, she did indeed choose right to live in pentagram city, always seeing those traitors.

Grabbing the horns on her head, these fucking thinks, she still found herself hitting them off the door frames.

She pulled on them, forming her head in a bow, growling deeply with angry tears in her eyes. She wanted to snap them off, break them... Not only was her halo constantly hurting her around her neck, tormenting her by reminding her when she woke up and when she slept that she was once something she was no more but there were also these fucking horns, putting her even further from her angelic self then she had ever been.

Letting go as her hands fell in her lap with a deep sigh.

Sure... She found a place in hell... But it felt like her life was stagnating between the old and new, unable to move on and unable to go back... Having no idea what to do with this life.

And it was fucking depressing.

Killing and killing, being paid, fighting... It could only do so much, angry could do so much when there were no results proving you were getting closer to your goal.

And her goal was still as far as before.

"Hey! Don't do it please!"

She jumped a bit, looking over her shoulder as the rooftop door of the building was slammed open, looking at the lanky panting demon that looked like someone didn't know how to draw a bat.

It looked like this sinner had ran a marathon to get here... Had he...

"I know hell is shit but please ma'am, it is not worth it."

Yep... He really thought she'd jump.

Camael couldn't help the chuckle before turning away and full on laughing, shoulder's shaking.

"My my, how selfless of a sinner." She stood on the ledge, watching the worried red eyes of the sinner as she turned to him. "You'd care for little ol' me? A person you don't know at all?"

"Of course, every life is worth something."

"And what would mine be worth?"

"I don't know, only you do, but I am sure that it is worth much more then you think. You must have things left to do, there is always something."

"Hmm." Tilting her head with a smile, how interesting. "What's your name sinner?"

"Lucien ma'am, now please get of the ledge." He asked, stepping a bit closer.

She flapped out her wings, making her sway and him cover his face.

"I wouldn't hurt myself if I fell, I can slow my fall." She said, touching her feathers. "And I was just admiring the view." Jumping off the ledge towards him as she folded the wings. "But thanks, I did need a pick me up."

"Of course, I'm glad."

"No, I'm glad Lucien." Eyes sparkling.

(Yep, I actually left out the chapter where these two met for the first time, I don't know how I did that but here you go, now back to the scheduled normal chapter.)