Trapped

"Is this a date? We are seeing each other each year, so I'll think of it as such. Thank you... But does that mean I just got stood up?"

She sat on top of the tallest building in her district, waiting for the spear that would greet her with a jab to the face and insults hurled at her. But the time for the end of the extermination was approaching, 30 more minutes and they'd be done for the year.

She sat there, not seeing the little angel she awaited, making her quite morose and hurt, not liking these feelings.

No denying it, the angel was fuckable and she did undress her with her eyes and flirt... But did she really feel like that? Was there something more to it? She didn't like the thought but at the same time it was fitting.

She fished the little squished triangle from her pocket, having gotten it from her mask oh so long ago but still, it had been the angel's so she'd always be able to track her with it.

Closing her fist tightly around it with a deep frown, grabbing her head with her other head. Why did she care so much for someone wanting to kill her and who she loved to annoy.

Loved...

Was it... Really...

She shook her head, checking wouldn't hurt anyway.

Looking around before staring at the little triangle in her palm, eyes flashing a soft golden for a moment, catching the trail.

It was like seeing golden glitter float through the air like a scent trail but she was not a dog and so she saw such a trail.

"Weird." She quirked a brow, having expected no trail but it showed the angel had indeed left heaven.

So why didn't she attack her?

She stood up, taking flight, following the trail through the air, it had weirdly sharp bends to it, showing a bothered flight path, wondering how many demons died already to her hands.

Was she really worrying about an angel?

Catching something, stalling out in the air and letting herself glide down.

In a few steps the momentum was dissipated, leaning over, dipping her fingers in the puddle of golden, looking at her hand when she brought it up, the golden blood flowing down her fingers and staining her partial glove.

No one here was able to bleed an angel but her, maybe Alastor but he didn't stay on her territories unless to specifically annoy her so not on extermination day.

And the sparkly trail left a dusting a sparkles here.

She stood up, still looking at her hand before lifting her head, marching quickly across the ground, basically dropping the trail now and just following the bloody trail visible to all.

She kicked a rat demon that had been lapping at the ground but he was in her way, jogging along the trail of blood drops and small puddles, having a bad feeling since the other tracking trail followed along the blood.

She was jogging as the bells started to ring and the gate of heaven would close soon, was it really 30 minutes already?

Her ears honing into a sound of squelching of something pulled out of another thing and a tired groan and smack. Quickening her steps leading to a little alley.

She could count at least six demons dead or more, not sure how many limbs each had had and quite a hurt angel.

Left arm clearly just smashed, every bone probably having at least one break in it with what looked like partial marks of a jaw down the length of it so the bite was probably what broke it, a nasty gash rib height, thinking she was quite literally seeing bone it was so bad, she seemed still able to walk but the blood saturating her pants didn't her certain that it was the case, the other hand still gripping a spear but having a knife through her upper arm pinning it to her torso, there was a partial cut in her neck bleeding badly, mask ripped in a way to reveal half her face with blood on it, eyes open but unfocused and her wings were still attached to them but one didn't look good.

"Oh shit." Camael crossed the pit of bodies, crouching and clamping her hand over her throat to staunch the blood flow, that seeming to be the worse.

Only getting a little groan back as she unbuttoned her shirt and pushed it off her, stepping on a sleeve and tearing it off, only taking her hand off the angel when she could tie the sleeve around the wound.

"Shit, what in heaven happened here? She muttered, still not having the full story.

It didn't really matter tho.

Scooping the angel in her arms and taking a running start to fly.

It was harder with a weight in her arms but if she can just... Reach...

But even before she could make a quarter of the journey up in the sky, a flash of blinding light came and heaven's gates looked like how they did 364 days of the year, she could have never reached them and the angel was left behind.

"Dammit." She hissed, looking at the angel in her arms, wondering a moment about what to do with her.

But it was not that hard of a choice to make.