Wildfire

"That's not her? Really?"

"What?" Lute muttered back, one of her hands actually shaking on the spear.

"That's so cliche." Lucien hissed in pain.

"What?" Asking again, she had been an angel for a long time, some human words she didn't know. "That's literally not the Camael we know, its a fucking pissed of demon dragon thingy."

"I didn't... That's not what that mea--You really don't know what cliche mea--..." He sighed. "Whatever."

She moved the spear tip, watching the beast eye follow it. She let it go one hand and waved it to her side, the gaze still following, moving it right slowly, not to break the focus.

"Can you move?" She muttered to the sinner. "I don't know how long before she are fried." Swaying the weapon back to the left.

"I think so." Hearing him move behind her but not taking her eyes off.

"Good, then you'll run when I tell you and I'll deal with this."

"L--" "I didn't help you for your boss... Mother... Whoever she is to you to kill you herself because sure sinners dying to anything but angelic weapons is like almost unheard but I literally saw them die from overdoses here so I do believe she could kill you." Swaying it right, reading to fully grab the moment the beast had anything else to 'say' to it.

Of course the world had something else to add to it.

The unstable facade of a building caved in, the eyes of the beast snapping into thin lines and a roar that shook the ground bellowed out, light blazing in the back of its throat.

"Lucien run!!" Lute snapping her hold back correctly on the weapon and with a half spin, throwing it, the weapon getting implanted in the back of the beasts throat and splatter blood out the back of it and on its back.

She grabbed the sinners arm as the beast roared back, rising from the four legged gait and grabbing the weapon's shaft, ripping it out and throwing down.

Running down an alley, knowing that it is a death sentence for both of them to run straight and as she expected, the street was filled with a torrent of yellow and red flames, painting everything in their colors and heat.

"Go! Hide!" She pushed him on, flying up. "Lucien!" She yelled back as he grabbed her ankle.

"Be... Be careful." He said, still hunched and holding his chest. "I wouldn't want you to get hurt, she'll calm down."

"But after how much damage that she'll regret? Worry not." Kicking his hand off. "I am not that easy to kill." Even if it was against a blasted dragon thingy. "So run!.. Before I regret my choice of sticking around." Whispering that last part to herself.

Flying up and summoning two spear, throwing the first and it remained sticking out of the demon beast's back.

"Bullseye." Muttering at the thing looked up at her. "Lucky me, you seem too big to actually fly with so few wings."

Either somehow a knock out, a 'calming' distraction or bleeding her too much to rampage... Those were her options.

With a throw, the second spear came down, the beat swiping it from the air moments before Lute was forced to quickly fly aside to not get burned by the blast of fire.

"I get why you are called Wildfire now, geez." Watching the few burnt feather falling down. "But like this you really lose brain capacity." Since the beast was just that, a beast... Or whatever the cliche word meant that Lucien called her... Not that it mattered.

"This will be quick it seems." She hummed, landing on top of a building, just back enough that the fire aimed at the building didn't hit her. "Don't worry, I'll rattle your brain like needed."

She was not the lieutenant for being a simple angel or stranger too, skill came with it. One enemy without rational thoughts cannot overpower her.

Making sure the fake horns held on nicely.

Summoning a spear as she stepped on the edge of the building, the beast peering up.

"I'll kick your ass just enough that you'll calm the fuck down you cunt!!" She yelled.

If it could or could not understand her she didn't care but it seemed to catch that it was a hostile yell, roaring back.

Jumping down from her spot, actually flying down for more speed to avoid the fire that warms her left, spinning on herself and the spear head lacerated down the throat of the beast while quickly flying over her back and jabbing it in a wing's articulation before flying up.

"Don't worry, I avoided to arteries." She said as the beast clamped a clawed hand on its throat. "I really much prefer to fight you in your normal form, you are making it too easy for me like this."

The fire breath was less potent already, part of it spilling out the gash in her throat, the wing was just to be sure it wouldn't even try to fly.

"And now we wait, I promise blood loss will be tiring and that will fucking calm you down." Once again flying out of the way of fire. "You really like setting things of fire."

Yet another spear brought out, stalling and dropping through the air.

It tried to bite her but she stuck her legs on each side of the muzzle, holding the spear above her head.

"Sorry for it."

And drove at her head, knowing the beast would try to avoid instead of biting again... It did move its head and she drove the spear in its one remaining left eye, flying back tho getting singed by the blast of fire that came.

"You just keep losing eyes because of me." Lute muttered, a foot on the shoulder of the beast as she grabbed a horn to kick down on top of its head, trying to make it dizzy. "Fuck!" Getting flung by her wings in consequence.

Standing from the ground, opening them with a lazy flap to be sure she didn't break them again as the beast towered.

"Wow, you actually hurt me." She said, feathers broken in places but not enough to ground her. "Tho not enough, even a beast like you should be bleeding out enough to crumble soon."

Flapping her wings to send herself up and avoid the tackle of such a monster but the tail still slapped her out of the air and against the building's side as the beast rammed through the glass facade and support pillars of it.

With a groan, Lute quickly flew away, watching the bricks, the metal, the glass, all crumble down in an ear shattering loud noise.

She watched the cloud of dust rise and settle, the hissing beast pushing itself out from under that part of it, hunched. 

The growl of it reached her ears as she looked at the still standing part of the building held up with the huge spiderweb-like connectivity of power cables in it.

"Alright." A last spear. "A last push for you to stay down should be enough." Flying down to it.

Quickly slashing through one side of this web, listening to the building groan and give in, the second half falling to its death too.

"Did this cool you off enough?" She asked herself, still holding the spear and on edge just in case as the beast pushed a facade off its body, taking a few step and falling over. "Finally." She sighed, letting the spear vanish and landing carefully on the rubble.

Coughing a bit at the dust and whatever else was still in the air, smelling awful and clogging her lungs.

"Geez, you are lucky I stuck around." She muttered to the demon despite the closed eyes.

Lute reached up to rip her sleeve off before tearing it in a continuous spiral, forming a long strip of cloth, wrapping it around the throat of the demon, she hurt her with an angelic weapon after all, it would leave a nasty gash and wouldn't heal as quickly as other wounds.

"Fuck, come on, let's get you home."