chapter fifty one

Two weeks later
August 09
High care private hospital
10:34am
Nam-gil's room

"You have to eat something before we leave, please.." he pleads with his father laying on the bed who has his eyes fixed on nothing..

Jackson has been trying to feed him for over ten minutes but the same thing that happens everyday happens, he is not saying anything nor eating, all day he sleeps drinks alittle water and takes a small amount of food only when he feels like it..

The doctors have done multiple tests on him, the skull fracture seems to be healing very well, and the wounds from the surgery as well along with the body scares but his mental health seems not to be stable..

Nightmares hunting his sleep, walking up in the middle of the night screaming and crying, he has developed a fear of the sound of footsteps everytime he hears them he panics, he is awfully quiet he only speaks when looking for Jackson..

His mind is child like, a child who is learning how to walk and talk but the two days still hunts his memory.. "if you don't eat I won't eat.." Jackson threatens but Nam-gil shows no emotions and neither does he looks at him..

Jackson takes in a deep breathe before putting the food away.. "you don't want to eat, then let's go home ha then you can get to sleep in your own room okay.." Jackson says helping Nam-gil off the bed before putting head phones with smooth music on, picking up his bag, as they start walking out of the hospital taking slow steps to match Nam-gil's..

Out of the hospital, sunlight hits both their faces Nam-gil closing his eyes to adjust to the light as Jackson tries to find the car keys, not noticing the other family looking at them and most of them are not happy looking at both of them some jelouse while others angry that the man playing with his fingers is not died yet..

Pulling the car keys out Jackson helps Nam-gil into the back seat along with the bag before heading to the driver seat, before starting the car and driving off, Nam-gil leaning against the window as he looks outside his eyes meeting the Hong family as Jackson drives by especially Yoongi and Minseok..

A hour and a half later
12:34pm
Kim's home

Jackson drives into the premises parking the car he walks out before opening the door for Nam-gil who gets out of the car by himself, his headphones still on as Jackson leads to way into the house, and then fact that the colour of the interior is totally different from the one Ji-woo had in the room she kept him makes him less uncomfortable..

It's not bright but at least it's not red anything but red.. "take a sit down while I go and prepare something to eat, I'm hungry.." he mumbles the last part walking upstairs forgetting he has headphones on and heard nothing of what he said, Nam-gil continues to play with his fingers, it's a new thing he does to keep himself calm and not overthinking things..

Jackson all freshened up he comes down.. "you.. you can't hear anything can you?" Looking at Nam-gil who is now laying on the couch and sleeping and when he walks up he will go back to sleep again, Jackson takes in a deep breathe before walking to the kitchen to cook, can't believe he is raising a child right now..