Chapter 60: A look to the past

[Mikey's Pov]
"What happened Koko?" Inupi asked with his eyes wide open while he looked at his best friend. At first he looked confused, but then his gaze softened up and a small smile appeared on his face "It's alright man. You don't need to pretend to be on Tenjiku's side. I'm here to take you back!"

Koko looked at him expressionless for a second before replying "Toman will not make money."

I flinched at hearing those words, 'poor Inupi...' I thought. As I looked at them, I noticed that the blonde looked confused, but then realization hit him.

Koko extended his arm with his hand open "Come to Tenjiku Inupi! There is even a post prepared for you." The cat eyed teen exclaimed as he looked at his old friend seriously. "If you join, you will get into a high position immediately." He explained at the blonde, who no longer looked surprised, but rather disappointed.

"Position? Money? Just who do you think I am, Koko?" Inupi spat angered.

Koko took a step forward and closer to his friend as he responded "Inupi, grow up. Toman will obviously loose today." He placed a hand on his friend's shoulder before adding "So please, just for today leave it to me. I won't do anything bad."

There was a second of silence before the blonde responded "Get your hands off me Koko." The words left his mouth coldly, and now it was Kiki's turn to be surprised. "I entrusted my life to Black Dragon and Takemichi,"

Inyo's face was expressionless most of the time, but now... his eyes looked at Koko with such disgust and anger that even I didn't thought possible.

[3rd person Pov]
"And you Tenjiku bastards... killed him." Inui started muttering before he added coldly "I'm never going to be in Tenjiku!"

"What are you talking about Inupi?" Koko asked as his eyes shook "T-Takemichi is alive, Kisaki told us he survived."  His grip on his friend's shoulder became tighter as he added "Don't you see you're being lied to? He is alive, think wisely Inupi!

"... right back at you." The blonde responded. He looked at the floor for a second "Koko... you don't need money anymore, right? So when did you..." He then looked up back at his friend "start getting obsessive over Akane?" He asked angrily.

Something inside Koko snapped, because he was no longer shocked but rather raging with anger. He grabbed his friend by the throat and rode him up as he started to choke him.

"The one getting obsessed is you..." the black haired one responded before he quickly added "Reviving Black Dragon? What the hell did you do? It went rotten anyway, didn't it?"

That was the final words that made Inupi react. He frowned and grabbed his friend's wrists, to then effortlessly separate them. Setting him free.

"I admit... I ruined Black Dragon... !!" Inupi exclaimed but then he yelled "Then how about you start realizing that I'm not Akane!!" The veins on Inupi's face grew visible of anger before he added "I'm Seishu!"

But before anyone could react Koko kneeled his blonde friend in the stomach as he said "I lived for money. I live, for money."

[Flashback]
"Koko, what are you reading?" A younger looking Inupi asked. His hair lifted up in some kind of mock hawk style.

A younger looking Koko looked at him before returning his gaze to the book. "Something about reading." He responded before adding "Like how to earn it and some more stuff."

Inupi then slightly tilted his head to the side before replying "You should go home once in a while. You and I are different." He then turned around, but stopped to look back and sigh "Maybe you should try reading about some other stuff once in a while."And then he walked away.