{ CHAPTER 16 }

En başından başla

"Wait here for a bit." Clive said and went in a room as the girl stood on her spot while looking around.

"I'm hungry." She mumbled upon feeling a rumble in her stomach.

"Excuse me?" A feminine voice asked which caused the girl to look at her side. "You seem hungry. If you'd like, I can lead you to the cafeteria." She smiled. Sora could sense that she didn't mean anything else with what she said and replied.

"It's fine, I'm in the middle of my job today so I can't leave my spot." The brunette lightly smiled at the other girl. "Thanks for the offer."

"Oh, I see." She said, nodding her head. "That's a shame.. we have some desserts, too."

Sora's ears perked up her words and almost seemed to sparkle as she asked. "Do you, by any chance... have strawberry cake?"

The 'secretary', or as what Sora liked to call her because of the pin with the said word on her chest pocket, smiled once more.

"Yes."

•••

"I'll come back later, then." Clive said as he bowed at the man and exited the room.

"Yes, Clive-san."

As soon as the blond closed the door, he was met with a brunette who was eating on the bench beside the door. 3 white large plates were placed neatly beside her as white icing could still be seen on Sora's mouth.

Both stared at each other for a long time before Clive could comment. "What are you doing..?" He raised a brow at the girl while she shrugged.

"Someone tempted me so I craved in."

Clive sighed but smile in his mind. "You do realize that that's not free?"

Sora stood up and patted her lap, dusting off the crumbs on her pants. "Yeah."

"So you paid for it?"

"Nope."

The blond knitted his eyebrows together, confused. "Then how..?"

"I charged it in your account."

Sora stared with a poker face at Clive, who stared back with widened eyes. "Thanks for the food."

"You—what?"

"So where are we going next?" The brunette questioned as she started to walk away. Clive could feel his eye twitching and pointed a finger towards the girl.

"Oi, oi, oi don't change the subject and run away!" He said, walking to catch up with her. "And you still have icing around your mouth!"

•••

The kitchen was filled with silence, a cold and eerie atmosphere in the air as the crew shared nervous looks before glancing at the captain, who was sitting at the end of the table. They could see a dark aura coming out behind him.

"Natsu."

Said person slightly flinched and nervously smiled. "Yeah?"

"So you're saying that that girl left without permission?" He said.

"Well," The redhead scratched his head. "..she did leave after preparing breakfast. She said she had some things to do."

"Yet she did not even tell me." Law sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Sora, that girl. Seriously."

It was an awkward breakfast. After eating, Law told the crew that they're free until afternoon.

"If you ever run into Sora, tell her to come see me." He ordered, earning an 'osu' from the men. As soon as they left, Law sighed in exasperation.