Chapter 48: Raise of a new Villian

After Laurance came back to Phoenix Drop, both Zane, Emilia and even both Garroth and Aphmau new something was up with him. It looked like he was hiding something from them all, but when someone ask Laurance if something was bothering him, he would usually change the subject. Not even Aphmau was able to get him to open up. One day, while everyone was busy with their own thing, rather it was their Patrol, a chore or training, Laurance was up at the Tree Base, looking at his, Garroth and Dante's old armor, remembering when they first met Dante and went on a few crazy adventures he tagged along after joining Phoenix Drop. Laurance let out a sight and looked at the ground, he snapped out of it when someone came behind him, who turned out to be Kawaii-Chan.

Kawaii-Chan: " You seem to space out whenever you see those old outfits. Wanna talk about it, Laurance-Kun?"

Laurance: " HUH!? Oh, Kawaii-Chan, it's you. And no. I rather not."

Laurance then looked at Kawaii-Chan, she glanced over at Dante's old outfit and glared a bit at it. He also noticed the almost fully scar wound on her chest.

Laurance: " What about you? Wanna talk about what happened between you and Dante?"

Kawaii-Chan froze for a moment.

Kawaii-Chan: "*clears throat* Kawaii-Chan would also rather not talk about it."

Laurance: " Why?"

Kawaii-Chan: " Because it's personal and none of Laurance-Kun's business. Kawaii-Chan came to see if Laurance-Kun is ready to talk to Aphmau-Sempai what's been bothering him since he returned. Kawaii-Chan would have thought you two would be stuck towards each other like sap on a tree after you left."

Laurance looked away a bit.

Laurance: " ... Why do you even like him? Why do you like Zane? After everything he did, you're all treating him like a normal person."

Kawaii-Chan: " ... That's because he is.."

Laurance: " NO, He's Not! Both you, I and pretty much everyone alive knows what Zane has done, if anything, he should have been kill..."

Before Laurance could finish, Kawaii-Chan's ears went back and gave Laurance a horrifying hard stare, causing him to stop. He hardly seen Kawaii-Chan upset, and when she shows it, she's able to get a whole room quiet.

Kawaii-Chan in a serious tone: " People change Laurance, and Zane had a hard life that made him follow a dark path. You know what's it like when you made a few of your mistakes in your past, so don't point out his false if you don't want yours to be pointed out."

Kawaii-Chan opened the trap door and before she left, she looked up at Laurance to say one more thing.

Kawaii-Chan: " Tell Aphmau-Sempai what's eating you alive than leave her in the dark. She just got you back, so be open to her like you were before."

Laurance looked away, thinking of what the Meif'Wa just told him. Later, Laurance came over to Aphmau's house, he knocked on her door.

Aphmau: " Come in."

Laurance: " Hey Aph..."

Aphmau: " Oh, hey Laurance. What's up?"

Laruance: " ... I need to tell you something that happened before I left the Nether."

Aphmau's eyes widen a bit. Laurance sat down and told her what happened before coming through the rip some time ago. Around 2 weeks ago, down in the Nether, Laurance was sharpening his sword. Michi was talking to him, trying to get his attention because she seem to have a huge crush on him, but he just toned her out. A Werewolf sitting next to them looked up and took a double take before hitting Laurance's side a few times to get his attention.