Chapter 19: My Second Best Friend

As some time pass, Nekoette-Tan would always sneak into the Guard Tower to see Zane, she would bring extra food, books, toys, even cards to entertain Zane. Zane enjoys her company, she Nekoette seem to always bring a ray of sunshine wherever she goes and has a contagious smile on, just like Kawaii-Chan when she was still friends with Zane.

Nekoette: " Zane! Zane, Zane, Zane. Guess what! Papa told me and Dmitri-Kun that he was going to help train us."

Zane: " Really? Ya don't say."

Nekoette: " Uh huh. We been training and playing with each other since we were 6 and the adults told us that they'll let us train with them when we're older."

Zane smirked a bit as the energetic Nekoette told him how excited she was.

Nekoette: " You think both me and Dmitri will be good guards one day?"

When Nekoette asked that, it reminded Zane when he was younger, remembering training with Garroth and asking him and their mother the same question before his accident and before he was manipulated by the Shadow Lord. Zane took a deep breath and smiled under his mask.

Zane: " I would say so."

Nekoette: " *giggles* I really hope so. Mama told me that people might not take me seriously because I'm a Meif'wa. She said that some people think that we're dummies."

Zane snarled for a moment.

Zane: " Well they don't know what they're talking. They're just want to make you feel bad because I bet they're jealous."

Nekoette smiled and giggled again, she tried to reach through the bars to hug Zane, but he leans back a bit, no one ever done this to him before in years. Before Neoette or Zane could do anything else, Nekoette's slightly older brother Dmitri came in, looking for his younger sister.

Dmitri: " There you are Nekoette, I was wondering where to run off...."

Dmitri froze when he saw Nekoette with Zane. Dmirtri pulled two swords out of the stand next to the door and hold them up.

Dmitri: " What Are You Doing With Her?!"

Zane backed up a bit when Dmitri tried to hit him through the bars, Nekoette pulled on Dmitri shirt, trying to get him away from the cell.

Nekoette: " Stop It, Dmitri-Kun! Leave Zane Alone!"

Dmitri whipped around, shock in what Nekoette said.

Dmitri: " WHAT!?! Nekoette, This Is Zane Ro'Meave! The Evilest Man To Walk On Earth! What did he tell you?! Oh Irene! He hypnotized you didn't he!?!"

Nekoette: " What?! No! Zane's my friend."

Dmitri: " WHAT!?!"

Nekoette: " Yeah. Zane's really fun and nice. And if he was evil, wouldn't he tried to attack me or tried to break out?"

As the kids went back and forth, Emilia came in, she rolled her eye as Dmitri kept trying to attack Zane.

Emilia: " Dmitri. We been over this. You mess with our swords like that, you clean them and the mess you made with them."

Dmitri: " But Emmmmmmmiiiillllia! It's Zane Ro'Meave. My mom told me that he nearly destroyed the world."

Zane's thoughts: " Really? Kawaii-Chan really said that?"

Emilia: " I mean, Nicole isn't wrong, Zane did nearly destroy the world."

Zane: " Hey."

Emilia: " But Nekoette is right. He didn't really try to get out whenever someone leaves the room or when we unlock the cell door."