Chapter 22: The Real Kawaii-Chan

Kawaii-Chan: " Ummm... Kawaii-Chan doesn't know what you're talking about"

Zane raised an eyebrow, Kawaii-Chan sighed, knowing that Zane knows that she was sorta put up an act when she talked.

Kawaii-Chan: " *sigh* Okay, fine. Kawaii-Chan asked a personal question, it's fair for you to do the same. It was a little something I did when I was younger and it sorta became a habit. It's like a tic, sometimes Kawaii-Chan doesn't notice she does it a few times."

Zane: " Why did you do start doing it in the beginning?"

Kawaii-Chan: " You asked a different question, now Kawaii-Chan gets to ask you another questions!"

Zane: " This is part of my original question! To know why you talk like that."

Kawaii-Chan's ear twitched.

Kawaii-Chan: " Fine. But you better not tell anyone about this."

Zane was a bit confused in what the Meif'wa told him, but he places his hand over his mask and moved it from one side to the other, telling her that his mouth was zipped shut. Kawaii-Chan squirmed a bit before letting out a sigh and telling Zane her answer.

Kawaii-Chan: " I used to do it to be tell apart from my siblings. Like you, I'm also a middle child. I'm a Meif'wa, and Meif'was are known to have big families, and I had a really big one. I have 11 brothers and sisters."

Zane: " 11?! Holy Cow!"

Kawaii-Chan: " *giggles* Anyways, we wall looked the same, same eyes, bright pink hair with black ears, legs and tail. Well, except for Neo and Nadine, they have some white patches on their legs, tails and ears. But you could tell which was which because they were all good at different talents. My parents always praised them for their unique skills that only they're good at, and would tend to forget about me a bit. My mom even told me that I wasn't special as the rest of my family."

Zane sprung up hearing that, both shock and upset that Kawaii-Chan's own mother told her that she wasn't special.

Zane: " WHAT!?! Are You Kidding?! You're the most talented person I met, you're an amazing baker."

Kawaii-Chan: " Heh... Thanks. But Mama didn't really find it that special. Everyone just saw me as a Meif'wa who just likes to bake. So, I decided to act cuter than my siblings. I talked in an energetic voice and call everyone Chan, Kun, Sama and Sempai because they all find it cute for a little kid to say all those things, and people still do now. Everyone started to tell me apart from my siblings because I was the only one who talked like this. So I started calling myself "Kawaii-Chan", because Kawaii-Chan means Cute Girl."

Zane: " So you started talking like this to stand out?"

Kawaii-Chan: " Mmhm. And it worked my mom even said she liked this daughter more than the person I was before I started doing."

Zane hit the floor.

Zane: " Well she doesn't know what she's talking about and shouldn't told you that! Kawaii-Chan, like I said before, you are the talented person I know, you're able to bake just about any pastier there is in under an hour and ran your own cafe with maids that you made from dolls. If that doesn't scream out "I'm just as talented as my siblings", I don't know what does for your mother. She wrong about you, your just as sweet as your pasties and you always lighten up the room wherever you go with that smile of yours."

Kawaii-Chan blushed hearing all that. Touched in all the sweet words coming out of Zane's mouth.

Zane: " Wait, you said you started calling yourself "Kawaii-Chan" when you were younger. Does that mean you're name isn't Kawaii-Chan?"

Kawaii-Chan: " Uuuuhhhh... Ummmm... It's Kawaii-Chan's turn to ask a question! Why did you start covering your face? Kawaii-Chan don't see why you cover your cute markings up."

Zane sighed and rolled his eyes, a bit annoyed that Kawaii-Chan tried to change the subject. But he didn't blame her, she sounds a bit worked up, it looked like she didn't like talking about her past.

Zane: " *sigh* Okay, let's talk about something else. It's fair for you to ask me more personal questions after you told me all that. My mother had freckles and passed it down to me, Garroth and my younger brother Vylad. When I was younger, I was tricked by the Sh... Some heartless jerk in believing that I should push everyone away and shove my emotions in the back of my mind. He made me feel a bit ashamed of my appearance, so I started hiding my face to keep everyone from staring at my scars and freckles. I guess we both have something in common. We both hide our true selves since we were kids and felt abandoned or not wanted."

Kawaii-Chan looked down a bit, but she was happy to get to know Zane a little bit more. She liked being around him and she was the only one he felt comfortable enough to open up like this and show this side of him. She felt just as comfortable around him to do the same, he as the only one Kawaii-Chan talked about her true self a bit, not even Dante knew about this. Later, when Kawaii-Chan got back home, she found Dante glaring at the Guard Tower. Kawaii-Chan's ear flicked, annoyed at her husband.

Kawaii-Chan: " Zane told Kawaii-Chan a lot today. He told her everything he knows about the Relic and why he didn't take Aphmau-Sempai to the Nether."

Dante: ".... I don't trust him, not at all. How do we know he's not lying to you to be let go?"

Kawaii-Chan: " Because Kawaii-Chan knows him before he left. She knows him more and just as much as Garroth-Kun."

Dante rolled his eyes.

Kawaii-Chan: " Dante-Kun should be happy that Kawaii-Chan was able to talk at least."

Dante: " Why does he like talking to you more? He should talk to Lord Aphmau or Garroth because Aphmau's our Lord and Garroth's his brother."

Kawaii-Chan: ".... Kawaii-Chan doesn't know. Zane probably talks to Kawaii-Chan because she's patient with him and doesn't force him to tell her the answer right away."

Dante rolled his eyes before looking back at the Guard Tower. He hated Zane, and wished that both Aphmau and Levin didn't make that vote to let him stay. He felt like they just gave him nothing but a pat on the back, even though knowing he killed millions like they were bugs.