Chapter 21: What he knows

Some time had passed, Zane was still in his cell, Nekoette, Kawaii-Chan, Emilia and Kyle would give Zane some company to pass the time. Zane was still asked many questions about the Relic, he didn't answer anyone of them, not because he didn't want to tell them or he was still Loyal to everyone in the Nether, because he didn't know how to answer them. Zane barely knew a few things about the Relic, he just knew it was Shad the Destroyer's Relic, the second powerful Relic in this world and that it wasn't as powerful as it was in the past because of the damage it got from Irene when she fought the Shadow Lord centuries ago. Nekoette was laying on her back, kicking her legs in the air and staring at the ceiling of the Guard Tower. A bit bored of how slow the day was. She looked over at Zane, who was reading a book to pass the time, and decided to ask him a few things to get rid of her boredom. 

Nekoette: " Hey Zane?"

Zane: " Hmm?"

Nekoette: " What's your favorite color? Mine if pink and blue."

Zane didn't answer, he just shrugged a bit.

Zane: " Don't know.... Gray I guess."

Nekoette: " What about favorite animal?"

Zane: ".... Horses."

Nekoette: "*giggles* That's both my and mama's favorite too!"

Zane let out a small chuckle. Nekoette then decided to ask a different question, it took her a moment to get the words out, but she got the words out.

Nekoette: " Why do you wear your mask?"

Zane froze for a moment. Nekoette's ears went down a little bit.

Nekoette: " You-your mask. Wh-why do you wear it?"

Zane: "..... I don't know. To cover my face."

Nekoette: " Why?"

Zane: " I have my reasons. Just don't like people looking at me without it."

Nekoette: " Why? *gasp* Are you missing a mouth? Is that why you wear a mask? To hide a giant hole where your mouth is?"

Zane: " Heh, no. And besides, if I didn't have a mouth, how am I talking?"

Nekoette: " I don't know. Magic mask?"

Nekoette and Zane chuckled a bit, Kawaii-Chan came in. Nekoette's face lit up and sprung up.

Nekoette: " Hi Mama!"

Kawaii-Chan rubbed Nekoette's head with her warm smile. She slide some food over to Zane and he nodded. Nekoette was about to ask some more of her questions, Dmitri came in.

Dmitri: " Nekoette, come on! Dante's back and so are the other guards, and both Emilia, Kyle and Alexis said we can train with them when they get back."

Nekoette smiled and squeal a bit. She looked back at Kawaii-Chan, she nodded, telling her that she can play with Dmitri and the guards. Nekoette ran after Dmitri, leaving Kawaii-Chan with Zane.

Kawaii-Chan: " How's your today going?"

Zane: " *shrugged* Alright, I guess."

Kawaii-Chan: " That's good."

After the small talk, Kawaii-Chan's smile when away a bit and told Zane the situation with the Relic.

Kawaii-Chan: " Zane, Kawaii-Chan was able to get everyone to trust her to get some information of the Relic brought out of the Nether. What happened in the Nether before you got out."

Zane looked away.

Kawaii-Chan: " Please Zane, we need to know everything about it. If we don't.... Kawaii-Chan could lose her friend again."