Chapter 29: Fight at Bright Port

Aphmau and Zane stood still, a bit frozen in fear as the Shadow Lord approached them.

The Shadow Lord: " My, my, my, my. Look who we got here. If it isn't Zane Ro'Meave and Lady Irene herself. It's been a long time, hasn't it Irene."

Aphmau: " Wh-what have you done to him?"

The Shadow Lord: " What? Your lover here? I just took his body for a physical form. It's been SO long since I had one or been in the Overworld. It's been even longer since I took the form of a descendent of mine."

Katelyn, Garroth, Emilia and the other guards around the Portal pulled their swords, ready to pounce once the Shadow Lord made his first move. The Shadow Lord looked up at Zane.

The Shadow Lord: " You took my Relic, and I want it back."

Zane: " Yo-you're not getting it back."

Emilia: " Not without a fight, at least!"

The Shadow Lord smile faded and turned into a snarl.

The Shadow Lord: " That's no way to talk to the soon to be ruler of the Realms. I would watch that tongue of yours before it gets ripped out."

Emilia stood her grounds, she wasn't scared at all.

The Shadow Lord: " Zane, how could you do this to me? After everything I did for you."

Everyone looked at Zane.

Garroth: " Zane, what is he talking about?"

The Shadow Lord: " Ah, that's right. While everyone was parsing and pampering you, you left Zane in the shadows and made him feel abandoned, so, that's when I swooped in. I was the only one there for him when everyone forgot about him and cared more about you and your other brother, but he was also soon forgotten after all those stunts you pulled in your youth before your "death". While your father was busy with you and your mother with both you and Vylad, I was there for Zane, I raised him as my own son and took him under my wing when he needed someone. So in a way, it really is your fault that he made the mistake in following me and killing all those people to make me proud and to make him noticed and feared by everyone."

Zane looked away as everyone looked at him, they were a bit shock to hear that the Shadow Lord pretty much raised him after his incident. Before anyone could say anything else, another figure came through the Portal. He was very unsettling and looked around.

Everyone's thoughts: " Who is that?"

The Shadow Lord: " Ah, there you are Ryuk."

Ryuk scratched his face a bit as he looked at everyone around him.

Katelyn: " You have 3 seconds to go back into that Portal! You are surrounded by the guards of Bright Port, if you take any more steps, we won't hesitate to attack."

The Shadow Lord and Ryuk chuckled. Ryuk then took a few steps forward, he looked at Zane and started to taunt him a little.

Ryuk: " So you're Zane Ro'Meave. I heard a lot about you. You don't meet many people who the Shadow Lord find a liking to who isn't a part of his Army in the begging and raised as his own child. I got to admit though, quite foolish to start following the words of a Priest who you just met."

As Ryuk walked away from the Portal, he left footprints on the ground, causing the ground to rot a little bit. A guard the tried to attack him, but Ryuk just looked at him and raised his hand when the sword swing towards him. Instead of hurting him, the sword ended up decaying and crumbled into dust after hitting Ryuk's hand, catching everyone by surprise. Ryuk then reached out to the guard, before he could move away from his hand, Ryuk touched his chest and pushed him down, causing part of his armor to rot away as he fell to the ground. He looked up with a creepy smile and the Shadow Lord explain what happened.