Chapter 17: Gut Punch

Kawaii-Chan was just as lovely as she looked all those years ago, but she was wearing a beautiful red and white dress now, but it didn't matter, Zane was happy to see her again.

Zane: " K-Kawaii-Chan!"

Kawaii-Chan didn't say anything, she had an annoy look on her face. She slide a tray off food to the other side of the cell, Zane came over to the bars.

Zane: " Kawaii-Chan."

Kawaii-Chan's ear twitched, her usual warm smile was gone and she just glared at Zane, Zane smile faded away behind his mask.

Kawaii-Chan: " Zane."

Zane: " "Zane"? What happened to Zane-Kun?"

Kawaii-Chan: " Zane-Kun's dead. Now you're just Zane and nothing more."

Zane heart dropped hearing that.

Zane: " Bu-but your my friend, you said it yourself..."

Kawaii-Chan hissed and grabbed the bars, causing Zane to jump back. He never seen Kawaii-Chan this mad, her puffed up tail whipped back and forth, and her caramel-gold eyes were full with rage.

Kawaii-Chan: " You Killed People Like They Were Nothing! They had families and they begged you to let them go, but you still killed them! They were someone's baby, someone's sibling, someone's lover or someone's parent, and you took them away!"

Zane looked away. Kawaii-Chan did something that Zane wasn't exacting, she dropped her third person speak.

Kawaii-Chan: " I hate you. I HATE YOU!! I wished we never met and I'm the only one who can tolerate you to feed you!! I Don't know why Aphmau-Senpai want you alive, but you are no friend to me anymore! I NEVER want to talk to you ever again!" 

Zane tried to reach out to Kawaii-Chan, she bared her teeth and slapped Zane's face. She pulled out her claws and left three claw marks on his face. Zane looked at Kawaii-Chan with a speechless look, he gently reaches his cheek with the claw scratches, Kawaii-Chan spun around and walked out. Zane slinked to the ground, his only friend, the only person he couldn't get out of his mind, gone. Her words felt like a gut punch by how she said it and how she looked at Zane when she said it. A guard came in, she saw Zane's scratches were starting to bleed a bit. She picked something out and held it out in front of Zane. He looked up and saw the guard holding a rag.

The female Guard: " Here. Your cheek is bleeding."

Zane stared at the rage in confusion for a moment before taking it and pressing it on his face. The female guard grabbed a chair and stayed by his cell.

Zane: " What are you doing here?"

The female Guard: " Watching you. Aphamu wants you to be supervise 24'7, and I'm taking the first shift."

Zane looked away and started to eat the food Kawaii-Chan gave him. It's been so long since he had actual good food. The female guard didn't take her eyes off Zane, he started to get annoyed.

Zane: " It's rude to stare! What do you want?"

The female Guard: " Your half-blind, aren't you?"

Zane: " Yeah, so what?!"

The female guard lift part of her hair up, she was also missing an eye, a purple and dark red eyepatch was over it.

The female Guard: " I guess someone here has something similar as you."

Zane: " Why are you talking to me like a person? Shouldn't you be treating me like the others?"

The female Guard: " I should, but I don't feel it. I'm Emilia."

Zane rolled his eye and crossed his arms for a moment before taking another bite of his food. Emilia looked intensely at Zane, similar to how Concubine stares at people.

Emilia: " You like her, don't you?"

Zane looked over at the guard.

Zane: " Who?"

Emilia: " Kawaii-Chan."

Zane looked away.

Emilia: " You're in love."

Zane froze for a moment.

Emilia: " Don't deny it. I can see it in your body movement and face."

Zane: " No, I Do Not! Besides, you can't even see my face! So what makes you said that?!"

Emilia pointed at her eye.

Emilia: " Your eye tells a different story. You can always tell in the eyes to know who someone really is."

Zane looked away, his face was a bit red of embarrassment.

Zane: " What are you? Some kind of Mindwatcher?!"

Emilia shrugged with a smirk.

Emilia: " No. I can just see through people's lies."

Zane crossed his arms and turned his body away from Emilia. Zane felt his lip quiver a bit, it never did this, why was it moving like that? It started doing it after Kawaii-Chan hissed at him and scratched him with her retractable claws. Zane curled up and felt emotions he hadn't felt in years, not since a kid, he didn't know what to do or what was wrong with him. He felt... broken.