Chapter 41: The Terrible Truth

Hours passed, Aphmau, Garroth, Katelyn, Levin and Malachi return as soon as they could after getting the letter that Bigglesworth brought them. They were all horrified seeing the state of the village after the attack that part of the Shadow Army left behind. Aphmau rushed over to the tree base, finding Zoey and Lucinda still up and taking care of Kawaii-Chan. Their faces lit up seeing Aphmau.

Lucinda: " Thank Irene, Bigglesworth was able to find you."

Aphmau: " Yeah, and we rushed back home shortly after. How serious is her wound?"

Zoey: " Well, I didn't see any bones or organs after cleaning it, but it's still very deep. She lost a lot of blood after getting it."

Aphmau placed her hand on Kawaii-Chan's chest, being to heal her wound. Lucinda didn't mention how she got the gash, she just told Aphmau that Kawaii-Chan was seriously hurt.

Aphmau: " Who else was hurt?"

Zoey: " Just a few small cuts and bruises. Nothing serious, but Kawaii-Chan got the worst out of the whole attack."

Aphmau: " Good. I swear... If the Shadow Army shows their faces again after what they did to the village and Kawaii-Chan, they're going to regret it."

Zoey and Lucinda looked at each other.

Lucinda: " Aph..."

Aphmau: " How could they do this to her? Why did they attack Kawaii-Chan?"

Zoey: " Aphmau..."

Aphmau: " How did they even get in? Were they planning this attack after learning me, Katelyn, Garroth, Leivn and Malachi weren't here..."

Lucinda/Zoey: " APHMAU!!"

Aphmau: " What?!"

Zoey: " Aphmau... None of the members of the Shadow Army who attack left this wound on Kawaii-Chan."

Aphmau: " ... What? Who did then?"

Lucinda: " *sigh* You're not going to like this... Dante let them in and left that wound on Kawaii-Chan."

Aphmau froze hearing that. Her heart drop and felt like it broke into millions of pieces. She knew Dante since he was starting his adventure many years ago, when she helped the Southern Wolf Tribe, when she found Malachi, Dante was there to help her, he even waited for them to return from the Irene Dimension for Irene's sake. How could he do this? Allow the Shadow Army to go in and attack his own wife. Aphmau got up and took her hand off of Kawaii-Chan's chest.

Aphmau: "... No.. He-he couldn't.."

Zoey: " Aphmau, I know it's hard to believe, but it's unfortunately true. Dante been acting off before the battle and left before they showed up. We believed that Dante might have been seeing them and tell them that you weren't here at the moment so they would have to worry about you, Garroth or Katelyn stopping them."

Aphmau: " What about Kawaii-Chan? He loves her... How could she attack her?"

Lucinda: " I don't think he meant to. One of the Shadow Lord's Goons seemed to be a Seer, she got into Zane's head causing him to turn into his Demon form. Kawaii-Chan was able to calm him down, but she shoved him out of the way when Dante was about to hit him with his sword."

Aphmau: " Is that why he let them in? So everyone would be distracted as he kills Zane?"

Zoey: " It seems liked it."

Aphmau: "... Where is he now?"

Lucinda: " We don't know. Leona chased him out and she lost him."

Aphmau looked away, tears forming in her eyes, but she wiped them away.

Aphmau: " What about Nekoette? Of Dmitri? Or Lilith and Alina? Or any of the kids for the matter? Are they okay?!"

Zoey: " Physically, yes. But they were shaken up after the battle of course, but Nekoette.... She-she isn't doing so well."

Aphmau: " I don't blame her. See her father attack her mother is horrible to sight, I would be in her shoes if I saw something like that."

Aphmau looked over at Kawaii-Chan, she was able to heal her, but she lift her hand before she could finish, and the wound will leave a scar when it was fully heal. Kawaii-Chan was still asleep, but they didn't know when she'll wake up.

Aphmau: " Well, I was able to heal a good amount of the wound, but it's going to leave a scar since I got up before fully healing it."

Zoey: " A scar is better than an open wound or death. We're just going to have to wait till she wakes up now."

Aphmau then jolt and stood up straight, remembering Nekoette and Dmitri, though Dmitri wasn't her biological son, she still treated him as her blood son.

Aphmau: " What about Nekoette and Dmitri?! Dante's gone and Kawaii-Chan is here, who's going to watch them?"

Lucinca: " Oh, Zane's already watching over them."

Aphmau: " R-really?'

Zoey: " Mmhm. We seen him walking around with them and carrying Nekoette around. I believe he's with them in Kawaii-Chan's house for the night. Kawaii-Chan was right about him, he is a very carrying person towards those he's close with."

Lucinda: " And he's a whole lot better father figure than their own father, that's for Damn sure."

Zoey slightly hit Lucinda's arm.

Lucinda: " What? It's true. Zane pretty much spends his whole time with the two and help Kawaii-Chan while he does whatever he does when he leaves."

Aphmau looked over at Kawaii-Chan's house, worried about Nekoette and Dmitri after the events of the day. But she was glad that they, alongside the rest of the kids weren't hurt, and was also glad that Zane was there for them.

Aphmau: " Don't worry Kawaii-Chan. We'll be there for Nekoette and Dmitri, and do everything to help you."