Chapter 30: God of Death

After their run in with the Shadow Lord and a few of his Goons, Lucinda brought Aphmau, Garroth, Katelyn, Emilia and Zane to the large forest near the Villages, Lucinda mention that she knew someone who might help them with figuring out what to do to find more about this strange Magic User. After awhile, the group came up to a large house surrounded by trees, Lucinda took a deep breath and went over to the door. But shortly after one knocked, the door flung open and a woman ran out, charging and tackling Zane, pinning him down with a foot on his chest and had a staff near his head.

The Woman: " You Got Alot Of Nerve Coming Here! You Have Five Seconds To Give Me A Reason Why I Shouldn't Smash Your Brains In!" 

Everyone: " Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!/ Hyria! Wait!/ Mom!"

Zane: " Wait... Wait..."

Lucinda put her hand on her face for a moment.

Lucinda: " Zane, this is my mother, Hyria.'

The woman who was named Hyria looked up and her whole personality change seeing Aphmau.

Hyria: " Aphmau, good to see you again. How are the girls?"

Aphmau: " They're well, but can you get off of Zane here for a moment."

Hyria: " What? Lady Aphmau, please, this is Zane Ro'Meave..."

Garroth: " We know, we know. But Miss Hyria, we really have to ask you something important."

Hyria looked up, slightly lifting her staff a bit.

Hyria: " What's more important than catching..."

Lucinda: " The Shadow Lord got through the Nether Portal with a few of his followers and a Magic User who was able to cause anything he touch crumble and decay."

Hyria got up and looked scared for a moment.

Hyria: " The Protective Spell wear off and the Shadow Lord got through, and you saw Ryuk?!"

Aphmau: " Wait, you know that Magic User?"

Hyria: " *sigh* Unfortunately. Come inside, I might as well tell you who he is."

Zane got up shortly after Hyria let her foot off of his chest, he brushed himself off before following the others inside. Hyria prepared some tea and sat everyone down.

Hyria: " So, explain to me what happened. Tell me every detail of what happened today."

Aphmau: " We went to check up on the Nether Portal, to see how it's been doing after Zane came out of it. But then the whole area around change, it got cloudy and windy before the Shadow Lord and his followers came out. But before the followers joined him, someone else joined him, Ry..uk? Anyways, after he came out, a guard tried to attacked him but he just held out his hand and it turned into dust when the sword hit him."

Katelyn: " He also touch other guards armor and weapons, and they all decay and crumbled shortly after."

Aphmau: " But we were able to get them to retreat."

After explaining what happened at Bright Port, Hyria stayed quiet, deep in thought of what happened. She took a sip of her tea before talking.

Hyria: " You are lucky that he was only able to touch the armor and weapons of the guards. The man you just met was Ryuk, a Magic User who learn Decaying Magics. He's able to cause everything he touch rot and decay. No other Magic User, Witch, nor Sorcerer have learn how to use this they of magics because how strong and dangerous it is, not even many Worlocks know how to use."

Everyone gulped hearing the Ryuk was the only person who could cause objects he touches rot and decomposed shortly after touching it. Hyria then went on.

Hyria: " The boy has a tragic story, his father was abusive and would always beat him when he got the chance because he wanted to learn magics. But, out of no wear, Ryuk found his powers when he accidently killed an animal, that's when everything with south. He then killed is whole family by accident when he lost control of his powers, shattering them into millions of pieces of stone and then flesh. When his father showed up though, he tried to kill Ryuk, seeing him as some sort of Demon after seeing he was able to kill his whole family in a blink of an eye. But like the rest of his family, Ryuk killed him, but he showed no mercy for him at all. After what happened, Ryuk wander around village to village, hoping someone could help him, but they were all too disturbed by his appearance and noticing everywhere he goes, everything around him decayed. I met him when I was passing through a village many years ago, he gotten used to his powers a bit but when a few guards saw him, all Hell broke out, and he killed all of them and caused a house to crumble into dust. Ryuk started to hate humanity for how they treated him, as a freak and a Demon for his powers. Over time, the boy became more twisted and powerful, he was able to destroy a whole city to show how powerful he can be and to not be mess with, he started to call himself the God of Death, he's able to make anything decay and rot after one touch."

Garroth: " Th-then what happened?"

Hyria: " A few other sorcerers came to me, he had to be stopped as soon as possible. I agreed but like before, Ryuk showed no mercy and he didn't hold back. The battlefield became nothing but a death area after the battle, the trees turn black and all died, the grass and bushes turn gray and shriveled into dust. We were able to get him to stop for a moment when we cancelled his powers, and before he got them back, we opened a Portal to the Nether to lock him away. He was too dangerous to let him walk around, we didn't have any other choice but to send him to a Realm that hardly anyone goes to. You are all VERY lucky he was only able to touch your armor and weapons, if he made contact with your skin, he would have caused it to disintegrate and slowly turn your whole body to turn into stone before crumbling into a pile of flesh and bone."

Everyone looked at each other. Hyria looked up at Zane, she glared at him, but she tilted her head in curiosity. Zane noticed her and tried to ignore her. Hyria then got up can came up to Zane's face, grabbing his chin and moved his head left and right. 

Lucinda: " Mom, what are you doing?"

Hyria looked into Zane's eye, he felt very uncomfortable but before anyone could say anything, Hyria got up and let go of his face.

Hyria: " That's a nasty curse you got there."

Everyone: " Curse?"

Hyria: " Mmhm. It looked like someone cursed you with a corrupted Relic."

Zane then remembered before he and Garroth went into the Irene Dimension, Concubine touch his back before he went in. Did he curse him? Well, it's Concubine, it's not much of a bit surprised if she did. 

Garroth: " Both me and Lady Aphamu have Relics in us, and we're able to control it. isn't it the same for Zane?"

Hyria: " No. You both have a Relic that belong to a Divine Warrior, your brother was cursed by a corrupted Relic, knowing the Shadow Lord and his followers would gather any cursed objects they come across during their time in the Overworld. If a Mindwatcher gets in his head or if he gets too overwhelmed, Zane will transform into a Demon form. He won't be in control of himself and just want to attack anything near him."

Zane: " How do you know all this?"

Hyria: " *chuckles* Darling, I been around since Irene and the Divine Warriors formed together. I know a thing or two about cursed objects and different Relics."

Zane: " Well if that's the cased, can't you get rid of it?"

Hyria: "... No. I'm afraid once someone is cursed with a corrupt Relic, there's nothing they can do about it. And it looks like someone who's very powerful cursed you with it."

Zane looked away, knowing that Concubine did this to him, most likely another way for the Shadow Lord to remain in control of him. If he didn't already hate them before, he despised them more.

Garroth: " So, there's nothing we can do for Zane?"

Hyria: " I'm afraid so, but if you're able to calm him down when he transforms, he'll turn back to normal. But this is Zane Ro'Meave we're talking about, so if could take a while for you to calm him down."

Zane rolled his eye, but the old Witch had a point, Zane didn't like anyone but two people, Nekoette and Kawaii-Chan, and he pushes a few others away still. Garroth and the others looked at the formal High Priest, they didn't say it, but they wanted to help Zane, at least help him stay in control when he shifts into a Demon.