Chapter 35: I think I Like You

Though many despised Zane for what he done, they started to get used to him walking around in Phoenix Drop, even Logan, Katelyn and Alexis. Well, all but one, Dante. He hated Zane, he hated the fact that Kawaii-Chan would always talk and hang out with him, the same for his children, they would always have big smiles and laugh hard when he's around, they never laugh that hard or smile that big with him, so what's so special about the man who nearly destroy the world? Why are they all so happy when he's around? Zane was relaxing with Nekoette near a river near the village, Kawaii-Chan was also there, washing a few blankets in the water. Emilia, Garroth and Aphmau were cleaning their swords nearby.

Nekoette: " Hey Zane look, that cloud looks like a horse."

Zane: " Huh, look at that, it does."

Nekoette: " Look at that one! It looks like a snail."

Zane looked but again but before he could say anything, something came flying passed his head and smack Nekoette in her face, it was a ball of mud. They look where it came from, and there, near the edge of the river, was Dmitri and the other kids with mud on them and handfuls in their hands. Nekoette had a sneaky grin and ran over to the others to join the mud fight, the adults shook their heads with a small smile. After tossing mud around a bit, one of the Wolf pups accidentally tossed a ball of mud passed Dmitri and hit Zane instead. It didn't hit his eye, but it was near it. Kawaii-Chan covered her mouth and the kids looked worried for a moment, Garroth broke the silence when he burst into laughter, Nekoette and a few others covered their mouth when Garroth's contagious laugh. Zane glared at his brother, he then wiped the mud off his face, and chucked it at Garroth, landing perfectly in his mouth. Garroth cough and gaged, making everyone laugh.

Garroth: " *cough* ACK!! *spits* Blah!! Ugh, My Mouth Was Open!"

Zane: " Good, your big mouth is always open!"

Garroth had a sneaky smile, he put his sword down and rushed over to Zane, grabbing him before he could react.

Zane: " What The..."

Garroth ran over to the river while holding Zane and tossed him in, but Zane grabbed his cape causing Garroth to fall in with him. Everyone started to laugh seeing the brothers tumble around, playing like little kids again.

Nekoette: " Get Him Zane!!"

Dmitri: " Kick His Ass, Zane! YEAH!!"

Zane growled while punching and kicking his brother, but unlike before, it wasn't hard enough to seriously hurt him, hard enough for Garroth to feel it and try to get him off. Slowly, Zane mad look slowly turned into a small smile and he chuckled a bit, Garroth laugh hearing his brother laugh again, but everyone went quiet when Dante called out to them. 

Dante: " Wha's Going On?!"

Everyone looked at the blue-haired guard and looked at each other for a moment.

Nekoette: " We're just playing Papa."

Dmitri: " Yeah Dante, Garroth just getting his Ass whopped by Zane."

Dante looked up and glared at Zane.

Aphmau: " Oh lighten up a bit, Dante. We're just having a little fun."

Dante: " We should be working and going on Patrol, not laying around and do nothing."

Emilia: " And there's something call a break, and we're enjoying the day a bit."

Kawaii-Chan: " Dante-Kun, calm down, we..."

Dante: " NO! Garroth! Aphmau! Tell the others that we're supposed to be focusing on the Nether Portal and how to find Laurance, not whatever the Hell this is!"