Chapter 38: The Attack

As the two days passed, Dante spend most of his time sharpening his swords, getting ready for the attack and to get rid of Zane. But he had stop to go over to his children and train with them a bit, but would go back to sharpening his blades shortly after. On the second day, Dante looked up at Nekoette and Dmitri.

Dante: " Hey, Nekoette-Tan. Dmitri. Come here for a moment."

Nekoette and Dmitri put down their training weapons and went over to their father.

Nekoette: " Yes, Papa? What is it?"

Dmitri: " Yeah. Why'd you pull us away?"

Dante place his hands on both Nekoette and Dmitri's shoulders, he took a deep breath before he spoke.

Dante: " Kids, I want you both to know that whatever happens in the future, I will always love you and I will never stop carrying for you. Even though we had a few bumps in the road in the past, I still care for the both of you."

Nekoette and Dmitri looked at each other, confuse in the sudden change in their father and he was acting like he was going to tell them something painful, similar to how someone will tell someone else that someone died.

Nekotte: " Papa? I-is everything okay?"

Dmitri: " Yeah, did someone crock?"

Dante: " ... No. I just wanted to tell you both that, but I haven't been spending much time with you both."

Dante then got up, bringing his two blades with him, Nekoette and Dmitri looked at each other.

Nekotte: " What was that all about?"

Dmitri: " Who knows. But I think we can both agree that was weird, even for Dante."

Dante looked around, making sure no one noticing him as he walk back to the spot he met up with Concubine two days ago. He stood facing the way back to Phoenix Drop as Concubine showed up and stood next to him. Dante didn't look at her, but he know it was her.

Concubine: " Is everything set up?"

Dante: ".. Aphmau and Lord Levin are out with Katelyn, Garroth and Malichi at the moment, but that leave Emilia the only guard you have to worry about. She is half-blind so you could sneak up on her blind-spot, but she's always on her toes, better be quick if you try to sneak up on her. Then there's Yip, he's a full blood Werewolf, so he could also be tricky to sneak up on. And finally, there Alexis and Kyle. Those are the guards I know who are here, Lucinda is also here at the moment, stay out of her way unless you want a ball of energy toss at you with her staff."

Concubine smiled.

Concubine: " What about Zane? Is he in position?"

Dante: " He will once he hears the raucous you all caused."

Concubine: " Good."

The twins, Beckham, Laszlo, a could other Shadow Knights and living shadows came out of hiding as well, and headed over to Phoenix Drop, but one of the Shadow Knights wearing a hood and a scarf that covered his face looked back at Dante, he cleared his throat and spoke in a deep and raspy voice, almost like he was hiding his actual voice.

The hooded Shadow Knight: " You're actually going through with this? I know Zane is a horrible man, but allowing us to invade on your V..."

Dante: " Why do you care? You're loyal to the Shadow Lord and want Zane dead for stabbing him in the back when he stole something from him."

The hooded Shadow Knight: "... They won't show any mercy, ya know."

Dante: " I know. But I also want Zane to be dealt with."