𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺.𝟽

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
MARLEY, FORT SALTA
YEAR 854
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

The sky was clear as the sun rose above the horizon as the cool air nipped against your skin. You had the straps of your gear pulled behind your back as you buckled all the latches in place. Everyone stood in a comfortable silence as Onyankapon called out from the Hangar, "Hange! The takeoff sequence will start in an hour!"

"Got it!", They shouted back before turning to the group, "You all heard him. Everyone, inspect your equipment."

With the sudden order everyone began pressing and pulling in different parts of the gear to make sure everything was working and in place. The low sound of hissing came from beside you as Levi struggled to pull on the triggers before finally releasing them, "Two fingers is all I need to get the job done", He muttered to the group, who couldn't help but look at him with sullen expression because of his current condition.

"That's the spirit", You clapped your hand along his back, "We're almost in the same boat", You motioned towards your arm, "I think I only have a couple more hits before it's useless."

Looking down they were met with the sight of your semi swollen and bruised forearm. The lack of care causing the injury to worsen, but it wasn't like you had the time or proper supplies to combat damage, "You need to be careful", Jean warned, taking your arm in his hand as he examined it closely. His lips were pursed as a small grimace coated his features as you winced slightly at the pain.

"I'll deal with it once this is all over", You brushed off. Carefully you removed his hold on you as you shifted the loose bandages that wrapped around your limb, "Until now i'll just have to push through."
He gave you a disapproving look as you shifted your attention away from him and towards the lined up warriors. You took a step in their direction as you muttered, "I'll be right back..."

"So I'm the only one running away, huh", You heard Annie mumble as you stood beside Reiner.

"Don't mind it. You never submitted to Marley from the start. There's no burden that you need to shoulder anymore", Peick spoke softly.

There was a brief pause before Reiner added, "I've always wanted to apologize. To you guys and Bertolt", He shifted his gaze between you and the short blond, "Everything began when I forced you three to go ahead with the operation that day. If we had turned around that day...You all would've returned to our homeland and stayed with your families. It's brazen of me to even apologize..."

Silence followed his words as you let out a breath, "Yeah. You truly were a bastard", You admitted, making Annie nod along.

"I lost count just how many times I felt like just killing you", She confessed with a blank look.

Pointing in agreement you added, "I had dreams about it."

"...Well I admire your guys self-control", He replied with a slight gasp. The look on his face had you turning away as you shifted awkwardly in place.

"Well I guess if we're doing this then I should apologize too", You sighed, causing them to look at you in shock.

"What's this? Little Webers actually taking responsibility", Peick smirked, making you roll your eyes playfully at the nickname that you hadn't heard in years. For a moment it felt like how it did back then—With the four of you in the courtyard of Liberio.

"I've grown", You argued, "And because of that I can say that I'm sorry for being difficult after all these years...I blamed you for everything even though I knew you had as much of a choice as I did back then. It was easy to look at you as being the bad guy...That way I didn't have to acknowledge my own actions", You whispered lowly.