Extra 0.1

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
MARLEY YEAR 836
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

The wind was warm as the breeze blew gently against your face with it's delicate and welcoming touch—The faint brush of it alone causing a grin to take over your features as you accepted it's embrace. And despite how long the grass was, you continued to run down the hill towards the field of flowers, wishing for the feeling to forever stay in the depths of your mind. The sound of your father calling your name went unheard as you kept your attention forward, "Watch your step", He warned, before trailing his eyes over to your sister, "Kai, go make sure she doesn't get hurt", He order, nodding his head in your direction.

"Relax", Your mothers voice soothed, as she watched the older girl make her way towards you, "She's just excited is all", She excused taking his hand in hers.

The sound of Kai shouting your name as you leaned over the flowers had you shifting your attention away from the alluring scenery before you, "Yes", You challenged. Curiosity peaked as she looked down at your figure with a bright smile.

"Are these your favorite?" She quizzed, her eyes honed in on you with a gentle gaze as her lips pulled up in their usual expression.

Your head bobbed up and down in excitement, "Dad always brings these home", You answered, peering back down at the petals in awe. The intricate details of the flower capturing your attention as you brushed your fingers along them softly.

The feeling of a hand grazed your head, "They remind me of your mother", Your father spoke, sending a loving smile her way, "They're called an Iris, aren't they beautiful?" He hummed.

You tilted your head in question as you peered down at the delicate petals once more. A big grin took over your face as you looked up at him with a narrowed expression due to the blinding sun, "They're so beautiful!" You confessed.

A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he plucked a few from the ground, setting them into a woven basket as you knelt beside him to help. Dirt littered your hands as you rubbed them roughly against your arms in an attempt to warm them. You felt your skin prickle up from the wind causing you to shake slightly from the temperature drop, "Here put on your coat", He ordered as the soft fabric wrapped itself around your back. His hands grabbed onto your arms gently as they pulled them through the holes before buttoning up the front, "This is why I always say to bring a jacket when you go out", He mused, fastening the last button, "Now you won't get cold."

You looked up with bright eyes before placing a kiss against his cheek, muttering out a small thank you as you went back to picking flowers. You weren't sure how much time had passed before the sun began to set, creating a golden ember across the sky. You found yourself in your fathers lap as his hand drifted against your head as you slowly closed your eyes—The slight rocking from him standing caused you to stir but quickly fell back into a deep asleep.

​​• • • • • • •

The sound of a door opening had your eyes squinting awake as he stepped through threshold of your house, "We're home", He whispered, peering down to see you look around in a dazed state.

You let out a low cough before nuzzling back into his chest, as you whispered out to him, "I had a really fun time today."

A low chuckle left him as his eyes pulled up in amusement, "Did you?"

Your head nodded in answer as he took you to your room, where your mother was waiting in a rocking chair that sat comfortably in the corner. Carefully your father placed you in her lap as you quickly clung to her side, "I'm just going to finish up some work", He explained as she nodded in understanding.

Suddenly she began to hum a familiar tune as the rocking chair moved back and forth, creating a relaxing atmosphere, "Momma", You whispered, catching her attention as she tilted her head down to look at you.

Her gentle face analyzed your small features in a loving embrace, "Yes, my love?", She spoke softly, easing you into the conversation as your eyes fluttered tiredly.

"I wish I could always go to the flower field", You yawned, gently stretching your limbs up as she smiled down at you, "If only I were big like you, then I could go all the time."

"Oh sweetie, don't say that", She scoffed softly, "I want you to stay as little for as long as possible", She declared with a even tone, but you could see the way her eyes scrunched with a hint of sadness.

Your face pulled up at her words, "But why?"

Her smile dropped for a moment as she caressed your face, "The world...Well it can be a scary place for adults like me", She shared with a dejected expression—One you were unfamiliar with, considering all she did was smile. It was a rare sight to see her expression fall completely.

"How is the world scary mommy", You quizzed, suddenly puzzled by the meaning behind her words, "That doesn't make sense."

"It will when your older sweetie", She sighed in sorrow, "And because of that I wish you could stay this small forever...Where I'm still able to protect you, and care for you..."

"You can still do that for me when I'm bigger", You pointed out, "Because you and dad protect me the best!"

"I can still protect you when your bigger", She quizzed with an amused grin, "Even when your all grown up?"

"Yep", you nodded as she held her pinky out to you.

"You promise", She pushed, as you latched your finger with hers.

With a determined nod you swore, "Promise." She leaned back in her chair, pulling you closer to her chest as a breath escaped her, "I'll be holding you to that", She ended as the dim lights of your room soon faded into a welcoming black, allowing your body to relax in her hold.

The feeling of a hand tapping against your shoulder had your head tilting in the direction of the looming figure that stared your down, "You okay?" Jean questioned, lowering his face as you leaned your chin against the railing. Your mind drifted back to reality as you shook away the fading memories of your childhood.

Surrounding you wasn't your childhood bedroom but the training grounds of the cadet corps. You were on Paradis Island. You were a Warrior. And your parents were no longer around. Your shoulders sank forward at the realization, "I'm fine", You brushed away, glancing down to see a small flower in your hand as you tossed it to the ground.

"A flower", Jean whispered in question as he leaned down to pick it up beside you, "You dropped it."

You knocked it from his hands before pulling yourself up from your sitting position, "It's nothing. I was just daydreaming is all."

A curious hum left his lips as he caught sight of your fallen expression, "About anything good?" He tried to offer, desperate to bring your sullen mood up.

A faint smile crossed your features—Taking notice to what he was doing as you shrugged, "From what I remember...Yeah, it was", You replied plainly.

Silence took over for a moment before his fist pressed into your shoulder, "C'mon, lets go find the others", He order, nodding his head in the direction of the bunks. Noticing the hesitancy in your demeanor he reached out for your hand before pulling you along—And this time you didn't fight back against his hold, choosing to trail after him with ease as your early thoughts drifted from your mind.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  

FIRST BONUS CHAPTER!!! I hope you enjoyed 🤍 Also don't forget to vote and comment, I love getting feedback <3