𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷.𝟷𝟷

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 848
TROST DISTRICT CONT.
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

Sasha a Connie continued to stay in an attack position before Jean let out a low scoff, "Fine, lets settle this. Whoever slices the most dummies wins".

The two teens lowered their fists as they eagerly listened to the proposition. You shook your head at their childishness before a voice broke out from the crowd causing everyone to settle down into a salute.

"Commander Pyxis", Jean stammered nervously, straightening his posture as the Commander stepped closer to him.

The man ignored the greeting as he walked between the three cadets, "This contest—I'll judge it for you. A competitive fighting spirit is a fine thing—Worthy of praise. That said, this training drill is not a pretext for you to settle private scores", He ended before taking a drink out of a flask.

You had heard about his drinking problem through the scouts. They mentioned that the Garrison—Full of drunken idiots, was under the command of the biggest drunk the military had ever seen.

"So compete by cookuh—", He slurred once more as everyone tilted their heads in confusion.

"Sir", Jean questioned.

"You will compete by cooking", Pyxis shouted, getting his bearings back as he blinked heavily.

Sasha looked at him with a glazed look in her eyes at his order, "Cooking!?"

"Cooking. Yes you heard me right. You  cadets will have a cook off", He continued as the crowd let out gasps of surprise from his words.

"Wait, but with all due respect sir—We're soldiers, why would you have us cook", Jean questioned a deep frown taking over his features, "Its not like—".

"You don't know?", Sasha interrupted as she shoved a potato in the boy face, "You must be ignorant when it comes to yummy meals".

"I bet all your meals were cooked for you by your mommy", Connie added over the girls shoulder, making Jean let out a low growl.

"I'm gonna teach you to respect the art of making tasty food even tastier", She threatened.

You watched them both continue their stare off as Sasha aggressively bit into her steamed potato making Jean clench his fists in annoyance, "Fine. Bring it on", He gritted, "Ill take you on at fighting, cooking, or even cleaning! But once Im done moping the floor with you, stay out of my way! Potato girl!"

Sasha growled at the nickname as she continued to chew her food sending him a threatening look before Pyxis interrupted, "Very well! You'll face off tonight", He announced.

"I expect to see both of you at 2300 sharp! Bring the finest meals you've ever made! Your pride as soldier is at stake", He screamed out as you nudged Reiners side making him look down at you.

"This all seems a little ridiculous don't you think", You asked as he nodded along.

"Not just a little", He muttered, "The man is drunk—Only reason he would allow this to happen".

"As long as Shadis doesn't find out that we're spending our time doing this then its alright with me", You sighed closing your eyes gently.

"These Devils get weirder and weirder by the day", He mumbled.

"You have no idea", You nodded along.

• • • • • • •

The wind kissed your face as the horse continued on a steady pace along the grassy field. In front of you was Jean as he lead your group further and further into the woods. He looked back before shouting out in excitement, "We're getting close!".