𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷.𝟷

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
MARLEY YEAR 840
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

The cobblestone path skinned against your knee the moment you were shoved to the ground—Followed by the muttering of citizens in the area,"The pests are roaming around again", one spit your way.

"You'd think that these devils would keep their spawn on a close leesh—Can't even enjoy a stoll without seeing the filthy things", another laughed as you crouched down, hiding your sunken face from their piercing glares.

It had been a few days since you last ate, and it was starting to catch up with your body. Roaming the streets this early in the morning was probably a bad idea on your part—knowing how the residents felt about Eldians.

Unfortunately, the sun didn't make the day any easier as it continued to beat down on your frail body. This time of the year, many praised the summer weather as it welcomed the residents in the area, but for you it was absolute hell.

It wasn't only for the heat, but during this season more guards would be patrolling the area, unlike the cool winters. At least during the freezing nights, you could get away with sneaking around—No soldier would dare set foot outside then.

But if you were being honest, neither season was ideal for you, as it was either too hot or too cold. Although there wasn't anything you could do about it at the end of the day—It was your way of life at this point.

It wasn't like it was your fault that your father got an Eldian girl pregnant. Or that your mother was killed for her deception—Leaving you to fend for yourself.

You were only a newborn when she was chased off, leaving you and your sister with a coward of a father that left only a couple years after.

Abondoned on the street. Expected to make your own way in a nation that hated everything about you. Two little girls just looking to belong somewhere.

Only to be met with the cruel realization that they could care less about you. The reality of having to survive the daily beatings and starvation all because of something you couldn't change.

It never seemed to get any easier as the two of you clung to each other for warmth when the cool air settled along the coast late at night.

Finding any alleyway to sleep in once dusk rolled around was difficult when they had guards surrounding the internment zones, so you and Kai had to get creative.

She wasn't the best with coming up with ideas, but that's why she had you. Always thinking of the craziest plans in order to stay alive, while she kept a level head.

You were a team—Meaning you would do anything for each other. That's how it had always been, and that's how it would always be.

You quickly picked yourself up off the ground, ignoring the stinging from your knee as you continued on the path.

It was a nicer area outside the internment zone, as flowers bloomed along the hills. Children laughed among the streets as their parents called out to them in joy—Much different then where you lived.

The air even felt lighter on this side of the gates. Quietly you made your way to a local bar in town—Turning the corner to sneak around the back.

The large dumpster stood in front of you as your stomach began to rumble. You quickly crouched behind the tin to retrieve the leftover food that was thrown out.

As you rummaged through the garbage you heard two voices above you as they stood on a back balcony—They were both wearing military uniforms.

Pigs.