𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷.𝟷𝟶

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 848
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

Another couple of months had past since your last training mission. It had been about two years since you joined the cadets, and a year since you accepted the deal with the survey corps.

In the next year you would have to decide what regiment to join officially, and considering the lack of information you had given Reiner he was pushing for you to forget about the scouts and aim for the MP's like the original plan called for.

You would just nod along, not wanting to start an argument with him, but if you were being honest—Joining the Scouts wouldn't be the worst thing you could do.

You've spent the last year traveling back and forth between the cadets and scouts, and have surprisingly grown a lot closer to them.

Even captain Levi had seemed to taken a better liking to you then before, and to you that felt like a huge accomplishment.

He's even requested a break from you—Or for you. It was still undecided which one he meant, but you couldn't be happier with his decision.

Over the last three months he had been working you to the bone, and you couldn't help but feel like he was preparing you to officially join his team.

Although, he knew you hadn't made up your mind yet, so preparing for it may be premature on his end.

Either way, you appreciated the sentiment. It let you know that he truly saw you as a good solider—Someone that could be a good addition to his squad.  It was his way of saying good job, without actually having to mutter the words.

He wasn't one to gloat or praise, which didn't bother you all too much. You were used to the harsh treatment and it gave you motivation to do better, which is why you were thankful to have a break.

The scouts seemed to be taking up most of your time these days, and it was nice to have a few days off—Even if it meant having to participate in a big training mission with the cadets.

Everyone seemed excited to be leaving the base when Shadis announced the news early that morning, "Alright, listen up piglets, we'll be simulating a titan invasion in Trost."

"We'll be taking orders from commander Pyxis, the southern territories ranking officer! You've trained hard for two years".

"Now let's find out if you runts are starting to resemble soldiers! Are you ready", He shouted as everyone replied and stood at attention before being sent away.

"You excited about going to one of the outlier districts in Trost", Armin asked as you gathered your things.

"Yeah", You nodded gently, "I've never been, so it'll be nice change of scenery."

"Same here", He sighed, "I didn't travel much as a kid, mostly just stayed in my own little neighborhood."

"Yeah, thats how I was", You huffed lowly pulling your bag around your back, "We didn't really have the money to go anywhere, so we stayed within the streets we grew up in."

He nodded along to your words, with a gentle smile, "I'm glad you could join us this time—It seems like you've been gone for a while."

"Yeah, the scouts have me busy these days. Thankfully I was able to get some time off", You shrugged as he followed closely behind.

"So are you going to be joining them once we graduate", He questioned as you remained quiet, "Sorry I didn't mean to pry", He muttered quickly.

"No its okay, I just haven't decided", You muttered glancing over at him, "I don't want to close all of my options yet."