𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷.𝟸𝟸

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
SURVEY CORPS HQ
YEAR 850
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

The sound of horses galloping thundered around as you rode horseback beside Eren. It had been about a week since he was on trial as you and the rest of the the scouts made your way through the forest. As of this moment he was officially considered the newest member of the Levi squad.

Currently, you and the group were heading to the old Survey Corps HQ to help him settle in. You could tell he was nervous as he spent his first hour out of cuffs pacing back and forth while talking with Armin and Mikasa.

Which you were thankful for, as it gave you more time to say goodbye to everyone else who was preparing for their enlistment training. It was a bitter sweet feeling as Sasha held you tightly in her arms, begging for you to stay.

Connie and Jean even had to hold her back a few times as you mounted your horse to leave. Tears streamed down her face, until you gave her an extra ration of bread allowing you time to sneak away. But her fit wasn't unwarranted considering you didn't know when you would see them next. If some of them stuck to joining the scouts, then it would be about a month-For others it was unknown.

Unfortunately, that meant in about four weeks Reiner and Bertholdt would be joining you while Annie went along with the MP's. It was an unexpected surprise when Reiner pushed you in the direction of the scouts as it had been a last minute decision on his part.

Even though you had declared the night of the graduation ceremony that you would be joining the regiment, he had ordered you to stick with the MP's right after everything in Trost went down-Said that he still needed to see where your loyalty lied.

You were never going to go through with it, but at the very least you thought it was a done deal on his side. The part of you that didn't want to cause any problems reached out to convince him that you would be better off working along side him and Bertholdt. And having spent the last couple of weeks getting close with Levi's squad you felt it was wasteful to throw away an opportunity like that.

You figured if the blond thought it was his idea, then it would go over better than just bickering until he gave in. So after an obnoxiously long meeting he finally caved, stating that the best way to get Eren on their side was for him to be around someone he had grown close to.

You didn't argue as you filled out your recruitment information, checking the box labeled Scouting Regiment. It was a weird feeling once you received a notice from Levi that he would be taking you and Eren to the base to start your journey as an official member.

In that time the warriors expected you to gather more information, especially from Eren. Although, you weren't sure what you could possibly get out of him, considering that he seemed to be confused about the whole titan thing.

But it wasn't the first time Reiner had given you a difficult assignment. You spent the last six years fishing for any kind of lead, and even though most were dead ends you always found something to keep the blond off your back.

The familiar tower in the distance broke you out of your thoughts as you rode up along the wooden fence. You hadn't been back since everything went down in Trost, but strangely enough you missed it.

You looked around to see that the soldiers who had been stationed here were not keeping up with Levi's cleaning regiment-Which wasn't a surprise. Unfortunately, that meant the task was left up to you and the rest of your small group. Looking over your shoulder you watched as Eren looked around in curiosity.

"The former Survey Corps HQ. It was an old castle that was renovated to be our base, it definitely looks extravagant. But since it's this far away from the walls and the river, it really wasn't something we needed", Oruo explained.