𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸.𝟼

A/N: Thank you so much for 1.18k reads!!!! When I first started writing I didn't expect this story to grow to what it's become today. I'm beyond grateful for your continued support 🤍🤍🤍

***********************************

TW: Blood, Knives, Blades, Self inflicted wound

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 850
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

Your eyes widened slightly at his words, "You mean-"

"You don't actually have to die", He continued with a loose grin hanging from his lips, "But we can make it seem like you did".

A fake death? That wasn't half bad...

"Very sneaky, Mr.Kristein-Not a bad plan", You chuckled, "The question is would the commander go for it?"

"He's already approved it", Armin's voice spoke as he pulled himself up from Erens side.

A frown took over your face as you looked up at the boy, "Already? You guys didn't even know what I had planned though."

"It was easy to assume you would take your own life after this was all over", He started out slowly, causing your eyes to widen, "Even though things have changed regarding your position in all of this-It doesn't mean that you'd allow us to kill you so easily. So we figured you'd do it yourself before anyone got the chance to".

"Honestly, you're wrong. I wouldn't have stopped you", You started, looking towards the ground with a soft look, "I figured that sort of punishment fit the crime-I had decided long ago that it was only fair".

You paused briefly before looking up, "But this plan was a last minute decision. I knew they wouldn't stop fighting unless I stepped in. The probability of Eren being taken was high and I knew feeding them a bunch of BS would do the trick."

"The stakes were high so I had to bet on all I had-My life. It was a way to slow the pace of this fight, as well as give me an out from my duties", You finished.

"We figured that would be the case" Jean jumped in, "Death would be the only way to leave a clean slate with them-But you can't leave us that easily".

The look he sent you was warm as his eyes softened. Something you hadn't seen in a while. You could feel the heat climb it's way up your neck, slowly taking over your face as you looked away with slight embarrassment.

"We understand why you would want to self sacrifice for her", Armin continued as you sent him a questioning frown, "For your sisters sake. Correct?"

You nodded curtly, "There's always a chance that they'll make it past the coast. I don't like those odds without having a plan B. It would be easy to just air out everything to them here and now, but if they do somehow make it past...I still want to give Kai a chance."

Armin smiled gently, "Well thankfully the commander has agreed to go along with this ploy. We just need to make it look believable".

You were silent for a moment, just staring at the three figures in front of you as your body relaxed. Breathing in deeply you rocked your head side to side before a large grin took over your face.

You tilted your head up, as you exhaled loudly, "Alright then, if we're going to do this we need to do it now", You motioned towards the retreating Warriors.

With a couple head nods you all made a break for it with Eren's help as he lowered the four of you down unsuspectingly.

It was difficult considering Bertholdt's prying eyes would look in your direction every so often as you pretended to kill off soldiers.