𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸.𝟿

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 850
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

In the distance, MP officers were seen breaking into the house only minutes after you and the rest of the scouts were able to retreat.

Everyone hid on the hill as they looked down at the raided with confused expression etched to their face.

You were thankful that the warning from Commander Erwin's showed up when it did-If not, all of you would have been taken into custody by those pigs.

Stepping back you leaned yourself against a tree, clicking your tongue in irritation. You grew to learn that if it wasn't one problem then it was surly another when it came to being on this island.

"That was close", Connie gasped with wide eyes, "What if they had caught us? Would they rip our nails off too?"

No one offered him an answer, as Armin turned his gaze to the Captain, "How did Commander Erwin know they were headed here?", He questioned.

Levi looked his way lazily, "The government's passed down some new orders. There's been a freeze on all Scout activity outside the wall and we're to hand over those three", He announced, pointing over to you, Historia and Eren.

So they knew about me....Although it wasn't a surprise that information like that somehow leaked.

You closed your eyes briefly, trying to process the current situation. You knew it was only time before they came for you-Even after the Commander reassured that you were still needed, you knew that your time here was fleeting.

It only made sense in the grand scheme of thing-Why would they allow you to run free, after everything you've done? The only obvious choice for their safety was to execute you as soon as possible.

And even though you said you'd surrender to them, a part of you refuses to allow them the chance of catching you-Of course that isn't something you'd ever admit, but it still plagued your thoughts every once in a while.

Even if you've committed atrocities, personal circumstances have changed. If the group is willing to give you a shot at a second chance, then you were going to take it no matter what anyone thought.

To hell with doing the right thing-Being selfish is a lot more rewarding in the end.

"Captain. I didn't have time to tell you, but some MPs came for the Commander right after I left him", A female soldier informed, gaining everyone's attention.

Your eyes narrowed slightly at the statement, "Why would they go for him?", You questioned.

"They're treating him like he's some kind of criminal", Hange hissed with frustration.

Levi let out a small grunt acknowledging their words, "They're bringing this fight out into the open. No more working from the shadows".

You rolled your eyes, "Seems like they're going to protect the walls' secrets at any cost",

"But why? And what exactly are they after these guys for? Other than the obvious", Hange continued before sending you a knowing look.

Levi sighed, "Who knows? But they want them, and they're not being subtle about it. Which makes lingering here dangerous. So we should move them to Trost".

"We're taking them to the same district where Pastor Nick was just murdered", Moblit questioned, raising his eyes in shock.

"Heading toward the interior would be worse. With Trost in a panic, it should be easy to slip in. And if things do go all to hell, then we can use these in the city", Levi motioned towards his gear.