𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷.𝟻

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 847
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

You woke up early for another day of training, but found today to be rather difficult then the last couple of weeks.

You were beginning to feel homesick, not realizing that you would actually miss the comfort of the Weber household as you started bootcamp.

"You look as frail as a daffodil", Shadis mocked, taking you out of your daydream as you looked over at his beading eyes, "You're one of my soldiers?", He squinted looking down at you, "What's your name again cadet?"

"Surprised you were able to forget so easily", you bit back.

"There's that attitude again, I fear you underestimate how little I care about a scrub like you", He hissed continuing to radiate his intimidating stance.

"Whatever you say", You grinned giving him a mocking head nod.

This had been a repeating act since you first got here. Messing with the commandant was one of the highlights of your day. It was free entertainment, and you didn't mind the occasional punishment from stepping out of line, it was nothing too extreme and it took your mind off of your current troubles.

If you were being honest, testing the waters seemed to be your specialty as of late. Constantly seeing how far you could push it before being sent off for sprints.

But you didn't complain as you spent most of that time day dreaming about what your life could have been—If you weren't dealt the cards that seemed to be screwing you over time and time again.

"Now, ill only repeat this once in order for your small brain to understand", Shadis grunted, "what's your name cadet."

You answered before saluting, placing your hand over your chest respectfully, "Nice form", He praised, "But it takes more than a salute to be a well suited soldier. From my understanding your from Shinganshia where the Armored and Colossal attacked, correct?"

"Right", you shouted up at him, a subtle glare taking over your features as you tried to remain passive.

Why must they always bring up that day?

"So here you are. If you are serious about this then give it everything you've got, cause once you go outside the walls that's it. It's you against the Titans. And guess who wins ninety-nine percent of the time", He mocked, "So unless you want to end up in a Titans stomach begging for someone to come save you again, then I suggest you take this seriously you runt".

"Always", You mumbled sarcastically.

He glared down at your face as you glared right back, "You have a nasty attitude that needs to be remedied cadet, you remind me of another soldier—Too stubborn for your own good."

Who could I possibly remind him of?

"As I've been told before! I'll make sure to keep that in mind", you grinned as his face contorted into a cynical smirk before shouting out his next orders.

• • • • • • •

"C'mon you runts pick up the slack", Shadis yelled out as you ran alongside the other cadets.

It was pouring rain as you jogged through the terrain being yelled at by the bald man as he called them every name in the book.

As much as you hated home—You couldn't help but miss the life you had taken for granted. Even if you spent most of it locked away, it was still better than being sent away to a place that you had no one to turn to.