𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺.𝟹

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
MARLEY YEAR 854
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

Reiner woke up in a dazed state as he flung himself from the comfort of the small bed that had been keeping him over the last week. The flash of a familiar voiced in his dream had caught him off guard, taking him out of his unconscious state, "What? Have a bad dream or something?", A voice called out in amusement.

Turning his head he was met with Peick and Porco, who sat across from his bed side—Looking at him with mixed emotions, "How I wish all of this could have been a dream", The man continued as he lifted a bottle of liquor towards the blonde.

Still in a daze, Reiner remained still, not bothering to reach forward, "I heard Gabi and Falco calling for me", He started anxiously, pulling himself up slowly, "Are they safe? Where are they?"

Both teens sent one another a glance, their eyes locking momentarily as they debated answering his question, "I think its best if Magath explains it all", Peick spoke up gently, "A lot has happened since you passed out on the battle field."

​​• • • • • • •

"We investigated the Beast Titan's remains and managed to locate a number of Zeke Jaeger's severed body parts. But no. Not enough. Just his arms and legs. This effectively confirms our theory", Magath spoke to the group of warriors, "Zeke conspired with the enemy to stage his death in order to hide the fact that he has defected to their side. We now believe that Zeke is the traitor we have long suspected to be among our ranks."

He let the news settle before pointing towards the table littered with equipment, "This here is the Anti-Personnel ODM gear used to attack us—It utilizes Marleyan tech. Then there's the matter of how they escaped on a stolen airship", He sighed, "Only veteran pilots could've executed such advanced maneuvers. Zeke must've snuck his co-conspirators onto the first Survey Fleet we sent to Paradis", His face pulled up in frustration at the thought, "A handpicked cell of Eldian Restorationists."

"Shit", Porco hissed, slamming his hand against the tale in agitation, "To think we fought side-by-side with a traitor this whole time."

"Not one, but two", Peick spoke up, thinking back to the battle. Memories of you flooded her mind as she replayed the moment you had aided in killing her men, "Weber was amongst their ranks as well", She turned to give Colt a glance, "I think it's fair to assume that Kai's with her sister as we speak—She was most likely one of the pilots during the raid."

Colt's hands tensed at the accusation, but he didnt bother stepping in to argue. He knew that the probability was too great to even try to debate where Kai had gone. Up until a week ago he believed she had been taken out by the island devils, but with the sudden news of you being alive it was clear that wasn't the case. His mind also raked with thoughts of Zeke—His mentor—Someone he had looked up to turned out to be the reason hundreds of men, women and children suffered that night in Liberio.

"Weber?", Reiner stressed, looking up to face the group, "She was killed", He argued, "I saw it with my own eyes!"

"Well unless they have a doplganger living on the island then I don't know what to tell you", Pieck pushed, "She was right in front of me. Clear as day."

"No", He whispered, closing his eyes as if he were in pain. Thoughts of that day came forth as he watched the scene of your neck being sliced along the battle field—Your words of hope and well wishes echoed in his mind from the vague memory, "She was killed..."

"Zeke must've taken a page out her book", She muttered, "No one confirmed a death for obvious reasons...She probably new we wouldn't be able to, so she used it to her advantage."