𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸.𝟺

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 850
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

"Talk to me, Reiner. What are you right now?", Bertholdt questioned with uncertainty, trying to gauge a reaction from his friend.

He let out a scoff at the sentiment, "A warrior. Calm down. The most important thing right now is to take those two and get the hell out of here"

You stepped beside them, putting your dagger back in its holder before addressing them, "Do you really think it's wise for us to trust Ymir? Even though she's the one who devoured Marcel?"

You still needed to keep up appearances as you waited for the scouts to finally engage, so putting doubt into their heads right as things begin to fall apart was the best thing you could come up with at the moment.

Considering that it was in your nature to question any little decision they made, you didn't have to worry about them getting suspicious with your inquiry. If anything they would have figured something was off if you just trusted their judgment without any pushback.

"I thought you said you didn't hold any animosity for it", Reiner questioned as a frown settled over his features.

You crossed your arms over your chest before scoffing, "Doesn't mean I still can't be cautious".

"I guess your right, But don't you see? We have a handle on her motives. When she turned human again, odds are she just wandered around aimlessly only giving a damn about herself. But then Christa came into the picture. That's the kind of girl that can change your whole world", Reiner muttered with a longing look.

You rolled your eyes at his words, "Alright Romeo, stay focused".

"They're close", Bertholdt warned as he looked in the distance.

You let out a low groan, playing up your annoyance, "I can't wait for this mission to be over".

"The next time we come, we'll take the both of them. Annie, and Christa. It'll be clean and simple. Then we won't have to come here anymore", Bertholdt assured as you clicked your tongue in response.

"Right. And we'll have finally completed our damn mission", Reiner grunted, "Just do me a favor. Once we're home, try telling Annie how you really feel".

The boys face turned red at his friends words, making him shake his head in embarrassment, "What's that supposed to mean?"

You snickered at this discomfort, gaining his attention, "Come on. It's so obvious you like her...Everyone can tell just by the way you stare at her like a lost little puppy".

"I don't stare", He argued, making his voice boom sheepishly.

Reiner let out a small chuckle, "Bertholdt, please, life's short enough as it is. Just go for it. Besides, you're both killers so she understands where your head is."

His words brought you back to reality, once they hit your ears. Killers. Thats right. You were all killers. How could you forget?

Sadly the conversation revolving crushes-A normal thing between kids your age, was an easy way to forget the truth you all lived.

It seemed like you were desperately grasping onto the moments where you didn't have to be a warrior or soldier. It was kind of depressing when you'd think about it long enough.

You were taken out of your thoughts as Reiner began to pack everything up, making Eren look over in curiosity, "What're you doing now? I thought we were waiting till dark."

The small look he sent you didn't go unnoticed as you addressed him, "There's been a slight change of plans."

"And I'm gonna ask you nicely not to try to put up a fight. There's no need for us to get all violent", Reiner muttered to the boy as Bertholdt picked him up.