𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷.𝟸𝟺

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 850
57th EXPEDITION
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

You spent the remainder of your night and morning thinking about Jean's words. It was a sweet sentiment, but one you couldn't entertain.

You still had a duty to uphold, and distracting yourself with fantasies of a different life you could have lived was only making it harder.

Letting out a low sigh you pushed yourself forward as you stabled yourself on your horse, "You ready for this", You questioned, turning towards Eren.

"Yeah. Time to get some answers", He nodded, sending you a small smile.

Answers...Right.

Tilting your head back up you watched as commander Erwin stood in front of the large crowd, "We will now begin the 57th expedition beyond the walls! Onward!", He shouted as everyone replied in a series of roars.

This is it. Everything will be over soon, Kai.

• • • • • • •

You stayed quiet the majority of the expedition, just following behind the rest of the group. You didn't know when it would happen, but soon Reiner's plan would be put into motion.

Annie was no doubt probably on her way as you continued to travel further onto the path. Anxiety riddled your body as you nervously fidgeted in place.

The captain's constant looks weren't helping as you tried to calm yourself down. You didn't know what his problem was, but he had been weirdly aloof all morning -At least more so than usual.

You had gotten so use to meeting him in the morning with a small porcelain cup in your hand that when you knocked on his door, you were surprised to be met with silence.

A soldier explained that he left early this morning, and hadn't been back since. You brushed it off, thinking he was just meeting with Erwin, but the not so subtle glances he was giving you made it seem like you had done something wrong.

Even last night he seemed to be acting strange, but you didn't put too much thought into it, as you were too preoccupied worrying about getting the right information for the warriors.

Luckily, Levi had set up a small meeting with the rest of the special operations unit, informing everyone of what today would entail, as well as the location you would be positioned in.

It was the exact details Reiner was looking for, as he praised you for pulling through-But you couldn't help but feel like it was all coming together too easily.

It seemed like all of the cards were in the warriors favor, but at the same time you couldn't ignore the feeling building deep within your chest.

You tried to focus your thoughts on other things as Levi muttered the same objective over and over again-Keeping Eren safe was the groups number one priority when it came to making it to Shinganshina.

Reiner picked an incredibly difficult time to try and put a stop to this expedition. With the commander's current orders, trying to take Eren anywhere was nearly impossible.

But you knew why he was so impatient-If Eren truly was the coordinate then Paradis had a major advantage over Marley, which gave the blonde enough reason to speed the mission along.

Even though you disagreed with his tactics, it was a good idea to counter their efforts in order to keep the warriors and Marley safe.

To keep Kai safe.