𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷.𝟼

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 847
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

It was the end of training as everyone made their way to the dining hall for dinner. The room boomed with voices as cadets got together for their last meal of the day.

"I want more bread", Someone whined.

"Don't beg for food", Another huffed, "Now quiet down".

You parted from the food line before making your way to the tables. You paused looking over at Eren. There he sat at the back with a large group of cadets who filled up most of the table. You let out a low sigh before changing course and walking over to him.

Here goes nothing.

As you stood in front of the table you heard a couple of awkward coughs as they didnt know what to say. This was the first time you had approached anyone since being here, and it felt weird as everyone's gaze was locked on you.

"Make some room for her", Eren muttered, sending the group a quick glance as he introduced you.

"Hi", you mumbled awkwardly.

Back home you never went out of your way to be friends with anyone, even in the warrior unit. You were always the strongest candidate so the popularity came with the position—You were completely out of your element here.

"Eren invited me over here today, figured it was better than sitting with that guy over there", you nodded over to the obnoxious redhead in the corner.

"Here take a seat", Eren motioned as you followed his command.

You received a couple greetings as you gave them a swift wave before digging into your food. "Hi, Im Armin—We've talked briefly before", The short blonde smiled over at you.

You looked towards him, noticing his smile that never faltered as the rest of the group followed his introduction. He reminded you of the sun—He had a warmth to him that outmatched any other person you had encountered.

"Im Connie Springer, we talked a little our first day here", Another boy called out, raising his hand high in the air.

You couldn't help but notice his oddball energy as he waved his arm around like a maniac, but his smile was genuine as he introduced himself. The last time you had paid attention to him was  when he didn't understand his right and left side.

"So I heard you're a mute or something like that", The boy asked out of nowhere causing you to frown.

Is that what people think I am? 

"Something like that", You answered shortly.

"That isn't contagious is it?", He asked as everyone stared at him in disbelief.

Once again he's not too bright. Confirmed and Noted.

"Ignore that idiot. I'm Sasha Braus, nice to meet you again", The giddy brunette with a food addiction called out.

She wrapped her arm around your shoulder before pointing towards you, "Look at her, isn't she so cute—By the way are you going to eat that?"

She seemed like a breath of fresh air as she laughed wildly, not holding herself back from being 100% authentic. She seemed spontaneous and fun—Completely different from everyone back home who put on an act. But this girl, she wasn't afraid to be herself.

"Sasha don't steal her food", Armin sighed, grabbing a hold of the girl's arm.

"How have you been?", A small voice said from across the table as she looked over to find a short blonde, "I'm Christa, I dont know if you remember me".