𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺.𝟻

TW: Death, Trauma

You looked down at the black cloth that was currently wrapped around your forearm. It sent a heat through your body as it rubbed against your skin in irritation. Shitty memories of your time in Marley struck in your head as you looked around the large cell to find the others with the similar fabric placed along their arm. I must be in hell...

Connie stood across the room as he leaned against the metal bars of the prison with a sullen face, "So what? Is there nothing we can do but sit here and wait for things to play out?"

"Here. You like tea?", Mr. Braus cut in momentarily as he placed the cup in front of Armin who sat across from you at the table.

"Yeah, thanks", He nodded with a sweet grin, completly ignoring Connie's words.

"Hey, Armin. Do you think you could bust us out of here by turning Titan?", He wondered, feeling antsy about being stuck behind the thick metal bars.

"'Fraid not. I'd blow up half the town if I tried", He reasoned, "The Colossal Titan is powerful, but it's far from precise. Unlike Eren's Titan", He finished sending Mikasa a look, no doubt being reminded of the events that took place earlier.

There was a brief moment where the three of you just stared at one another in silence. Thoughts of the meeting with Eren flooding through your mind like a nightmare. None of you had spoken up about the ordeal, too afraid of the pushback you'd reveice from Jean and Connie—Who had already come up with their opinions of the brunette at the very start of this war. The three of you were doing your best to grasp onto whatever peace you had left, and it was a struggle to keep things quiet.

"So", Jean muttered, cutting through the silence with ease, "How did Eren end up beating you to a pulp, Armin? And how did you end up with this mark on your neck", He hissed out, pulling your collar down slightly as the reminisce of a bruise started to form along your skin, "I think it's about time you told us."

"Eren was hurting Mikasa with his words. So I hit him and he responded in kind", Armin answered easily, slightly embarrassed as his face looked towards the ground in humiliation.

"And I followed him out of the room to talk and I may have pushed him a little too far", You continued quietly, not daring to look at Jeans disapproving expression.

"Huh? Wait, what do you mean, "he was hurting her"?", He questioned sending the blond a confused look, before turning to face you, "And that doesn't give the bastard  a reason to put his hands on you!"

Armin placed his palm along his neck anxiously to answer, "Well he—"

"Stop", Mikasa cut off, not wanting to create more tension, that was hopelessly growing in the room.

"Mikasa's right. It's fine", You spoke, sending Jean a comforting grin, but he wasn't having any of your excuses.

"No. It isn't fine. Seriously, tell me what he did", He pressed, looking down at your figure.

"May as well just let it go, Jean. We already knew that he'd turned into an absolute piece of shit. But now he's lost his mind so completely, that he went out of his way to hurt the three people he cared about the most", Connie muttered bitterly.

Jeans eyes closed briefly, taking in his words as he muttered out, "Assuming he hasn't just lost it, I don't see him doing that without having some kind of reason. I wonder. Could he have some sort of hidden motive?", He questioned as the sound of footsteps made their way into the room.

"Heroes of Shiganshina. It's always an honor to see you. It pains me that our reunion must take place across these bars", A voice echoed along the cobblestone walls.