𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹.𝟾

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 853
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

"She's been looking at herself in the mirror for a while", You heard Connie mutter quietly in the hall, but you didn't pay any mind to it as your reflection stared back at you like a stranger—Suddenly you were a kid again and the sound of the worlds criticisms flooded your mind like a plague.

Am I really going back? After all this time I'll have to endure the one place I was able to free myself from....

"Should someone check on her?", Mikasa questioned as they all responded in a chorus of "Not It".

"I volunteer Jean", Sasha voted, slapping her hand along the teens back.

He let out a small scoff, turning his gaze away from your frame and onto the brunette, "why me?"

She rolled her eyes at his ignorance, "She's your girlfriend", she replied flatly.

"Well she's your friend", He countered, both of them now having an intense stare off while the rest of the group sat back and watched. You still had yet to acknowledge their presence as you traced your hand along your side, brushing it gently down your skin, before making your way to the wrapped arm.

Three years have passed and the memory of the pain still remain's fresh. It was a slow healing process, as you now have movement of the limb, but overexertion causes it to flare up, leaving you immobilized for a period of time. Although you'd take it over being completely paralyzed—Apparently too many nerves were destroyed during the fight against the beast, which caused irreversible damage. Every doctor and medic basically said you would never be able to use it the same way again.

Which caused difficulty in training, but you worked hard along side your comrades that encouraged you every step of the way during the first few months of your recovery.  It took a long time before you could efficiently use any kind of weapon again, but once Anti titan artillery came into the picture it made things a lot easier.

A soft groan came from your bedroom door, "Fine then, rock paper scissor's", Sasha suggested "Loser goes over."

"You're on", He agreed, slapping his hand into her's before they started their game. A few minutes later you heard the quiet complaining from your boyfriend, "Best two out of three?"

The brunette held a triumphed smile as she shook her head mockingly, "No can do!"

Begrudgingly he made his way over to your body as it stood stiff in the mirror. His arms wrapped around your front, pressing tight against your chest as he pulled you back into his body. His lips bushed over your ear softly, "Hey, you okay?", He questioned, worry seeping out from the simple inquiry.

You eyes widened in shock while you looked at his reflection, "Huh?"

His face held a frown as he replied, "Everyone's worried about you, you've been staring at yourself in the mirror for a while..."

You shrugged out of his embrace as you faced the group that crowded right outside your room, "I was just trying to figure out if I'm disguised enough...Y'know so i'll be unrecognizable", You answered, which was only partially true.

You didn't want to admit that a part of you wanted to show off in order to prove something to a person that shouldn't even matter. But deep down those feelings would always rise up even when you thought they'd disappeared for good. You looked up for a moment to catch Kai's questioning gaze. Her eyes narrowed in on you as she tilted her head before letting out a small sigh, "Can I speak with my sister alone for a moment?"

Without any argument the rest of your friends retreated from your room, allowing the two of you a second to talk. There was only a slight pause of silence after everyone left when she let out a huff, "You're thinking about dad aren't you?"