𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟽

SIRIUS' BIRTHDAY HAD BEEN A SUCCESS. Not only had it been a fun day of watching glitter explode in Sirius face every time he walked through a door, but they had thrown a small get together in the boy's dorm.

For once, Sirius didn't want a big party – to James' disappointment – he had wanted a small party in their dorm room with his closest friends. A night of drinking and games.  And it was just what they needed.

Even Professor McGonagall seemed slightly disappointed that she did not have to shut down the annual party. 

Aurora walked alongside Lily and Marlene as they entered the courtyard. It was the first Hogsmeade weekend of the year and they were too excited. Aurora acted the same, but she couldn't exactly tell them that she had snuck out multiple times to replenish her alcohol stock. They most certainly wouldn't have been impressed.

"King!"

Her eyes closed in annoyance for a second before she turned around to face the culprit who had called her name. "Regulus Black, what can I do for you?" She put on a fake smile.

"Can we talk for a second," He eyed the two Gryffindor's on each side of her, looking at him suspiciously. "Alone."

"Sorry, we've got a busy schedule ahead of us. Marlene here, is just desperate to get her hands on some acid pops." Aurora apologised, dragging the two witches with her as she walked backwards. "I'm afraid that it's quite dire. It we don't get them to her soon, we may not be alive to see the end of the day."

Once they were a far distance away from Regulus, Marlene pounced. "Acid Pops? No-one even likes Acid Pops, what was that?" She almost gagged at the thought of the horrid sweets.

"Why is Regulus Black trying to talk to you?" Lily asked, her eyes narrowing.

"I don't know. I haven't done anything." She had. She so had done something. "Maybe Sebastian put him up to it." Aurora lied. It seemed it would be the only plausible explanation.

They switched topics and ended up debating how many limbs Professor Kettleburn would have by the end of the year. It distracted the girls and pulled the attention away from Aurora. She had a small inkling that Regulus would be a problem for the rest of the day.

She could see it now. He would pop up at random times of the day and pester her as much as Peeves does to the first years. Aurora spent the day following Lily and Marlene around as they ventured into as many shops as they could.

There wasn't anything that she needed. She felt content to just follow them around, join in the conversations when it was appropriate.

The next stop on their trip was The Three Broomsticks, the one place she was really looking forward to going to. They didn't get very far in finding a table of their own before they were pulled over to the boy's table.

James had even stood up on his chair, shouting, to gain their attention – but mostly Lily's. He didn't care for the all the looks he was receiving as he did so. Although Lily was blushing madly and didn't stop hitting his arm until he got down.

"Hey, Rory." Sirius beamed, pulling the witch to sit beside him in the booth. He wore a lopsided grin.

"Sirius, and how many drinks have you lot had already, the whole stash?"

He gasped. "I'll have you know; we've only gotten through three quarters."

"Wow, how pathetic. I expected better from you." Aurora rolled her eyes playfully.

Madam Rosmerta chose that moment to walk over to their table and place down plates of food. A burger and chips were placed in front of Sirius and Aurora couldn't help herself but to pinch a few chips.