❝𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒 & 𝐋𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒❞

24TH JANUARY 1978

24TH JANUARY 1978

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

DUMBLEDORE HAD PICKED QUITE THE DAY TO MEET with Olivia King. It was of course the day of the full moon.

She was tired, she was angry, she was in pain. And now she had to put up with Dumbledore. A man she could no longer trust.

The man had sent her and her friends on wild goose chase for Horcruxes that they had no leads on. That same man now did not want to change anything to protect this timeline, even though Olivia knew how to stop it all.

He had none of her trust. Not anymore.

She was having a nap in Sirius' bed when he came in, informing her that Dumbledore was looking for her. She put up a right strop before Sirius managed to coerce her out of bed.

And here she was now, sitting in Professor Dumbledore's office as he held out his bowl of lemon drops.

He hadn't called her here for no reason.

"Miss King, how are you finding your seventh year so far?" Dumbledore spoke, his hands clasped together as they rested on the desk.

So he was starting with small talk.

"It was good, until Umbridge arrived." Olivia deadpanned,

Dumbledore nodded his head. "Unfortunately that became inevitable. The Ministry has always been looking for a way to grip their fingers on Hogwarts. The Amortentia situation gladly gave them it."

Olivia curtly smiled, not wanting to talk about that situation. She was still mad about it.

"I see that you've also become very close friends with a group of misfits who call themselves the marauders."

"I have." She wondered where Dumbledore was going with this.

"I'm a bit curious you see. Over the seven years that they've been at Hogwarts, they've never let someone else into their group before and they certainly wouldn't have cast one aside. Am I correct to assume that this is your doing?"

She stayed calmly still not letting her emotions show. "I haven't done anything except befriend them."

"As I'm sure you have, but miss King, messing with the timeline will have dire consequences."

"Like I said, I haven't done anything."

Dumbledore didn't say anything, instead he chose to use Legilimency to invade her memories.

Olivia was relieved to be a werewolf for once in her life. A werewolf who was waiting to come out when the moon rose, which was only a few hours away. It meant that her werewolf was much stronger.

And her wolf, Lunar, did not take it lightly that someone was trying to invade their mind. She pushed back just as hard, not letting Dumbledore penetrate any of her memories.

His surprise was evident. "You know Occlumency?"

"I know a lot of things." Olivia smirked. She could play his games.

He would get nothing out of her. He wouldn't get the information he desired. Dumbledore would not stop her in defeating Voldemort.

"Is that all, Headmaster?" She asked. "I do have things to do."

"We will stay here all night until I get my answers." With a swish of his wand he had locked the door. He leant back in his chair.

She laughed, surprised. "You sure you wanna do this?"

It was rather dangerous talking to him like this, but she couldn't help it.

"I will do anything for the information I require."

"It's your death then." Olivia shrugged, relaxing in the chair she was occupying.

"Is that a threat, miss King?"

"No. It's the truth. I can see it now, in tomorrows addition of The Daily Prophet, front page news reads Headmaster Dumbledore mauled to death, all they found was a finger. Let's just say, when the moon comes out, I'm a whole different monster." She glared at the wizard.

He understood what she meant easily. He raised his wand, flicking it once more and the door unlocked.

"Have a good evening, Headmaster." Olivia grinned, standing up and leaving his office.

At least Dumbledore knew not to tango with a werewolf.

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

The Marauder's and Olivia were all sat in the Shrieking Shack, on the bed upstairs waiting the for the full moon to rise.

Olivia was the last to arrive, having been stuck in Dumbledore's office far longer than she liked to have been. She was ticked off.

The only way for her to escape his clutches had been to reveal that she was a werewolf, something she never wanted to tell him. All because of the way he had used Remus. She did not want to fall into that trap as well if Dumbledore never found a way to send her home.

Not that she was ever going to go back.

She had crawled into the gap between Sirius' legs, resting her back against his chest. His arms had immediately wrapped around her, pulling her in close. Just the scent of him had her calming down, slightly.

"What did Dumbledore want?" He asked, tracing patterns on her arm.

They didn't have long till the moon rose.

Olivia scowled at the question. "He wanted to find out if I had done anything to change the timeline."

"You didn't tell him did you?" Remus nervously questioned.

"Course not. He tried to use Legilimency on me, but that didn't work. His next idea was to keep me locked in his office until I talked."

"What the fuck?" Sirius blurted.

"How'd you get out?" James asked the important question.

"Told him he wouldn't survive till morning, as he'd be locked in the room with a werewolf."

Sirius and James laughed loudly, but Remus was watching her. She'd outed herself to Dumbledore, something she never wanted the professors to know. She was biting her lip, as if she was on the verge of tears.

"Are you alright?" Remus softly asked.

"I hate him." She sounded so lost that it broke all of their hearts. "He's a master manipulator, using us all as pawns so that he can get what he wants. The reason he let you into Hogwarts, Remus? So that you'd do anything for him, like going off for months to talk to werewolf packs. Coming back nearly dead. He sent Harry off to live with Lily's vile sister and her family. A family that neglected and abused him. If he didn't ignore us and told us what was going on, we certainly could have won the war, but no he sent us to be slaughtered."