❝𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒 & 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒❞

13TH JANUARY 1978

13TH JANUARY 1978

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

"AVADA KEDAVRA."

Over the cries of the Basilisk, the rooster's cries and the dripping in the chamber. Those two words could be heard perfectly clear by anyone in the room. Even with some of their eyes closed, they saw the unmistakable flash of green. The chamber was lit up with the green as it struck the Basilisk between the eyes.

When the thud rung out, only then did Olivia look up. She was the first, raising her head from the ground to look at the body of the Basilisk.

It was pure luck that the killing curse worked. A Basilisk's skin is meant to be as impervious to spells like a dragon, but she prayed that in it's weakened state it would work.

And it did.

She walked over to the snake and cast the severing charm just above the teeth. She cast it many times, collecting as many fangs as she could. Better to be safe, than sorry.

When she turned back around the group had their eyes on her. A mix of emotions. But no-one looked more worried for her than Sirius did.

"Liv..." His voice was weak when he spoke.

"Don't." Olivia passed them all heading back the way they came. "I don't need to hear it."

"I think you do." Sirius sighed. "You used an unforgivable."

"On a fucking snake!" Olivia turned around to face him, to face the others. "There's a difference."

"Liv—" Remus started, but was cut off by Olivia's anger.

"NO! We are at war. Do you think that they would hesitate to use the curses on us? I will not hesitate either."  She ran a hand through her hair and walked off.

Away from the judgemental looks she was getting. She didn't care.

Sirius would have none of it. He rushed forward and took her wand from her hand, placing it in his pocket.

"Hey—"

He cut her off as he threw her over his shoulder and continued marching towards the exit. She could protest all she want, but Sirius wouldn't let her go.

"Sirius put me down this inst—"

Olivia squeaked as Sirius pinched her ass. His chest rumbled with laughter as he found a way to shut her up.She kept silent the rest of the way to wherever Sirius was taking her too.

It didn't take her long to realise where he was heading to. They were on the fourth floor. Of course he would take her somewhere private to talk. And one of 'their' spots just so happened to be a secret passageway.