𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝗔𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚

𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟽

THE PARTY HAD LONG SINCE ENDED, but I couldn't find it in myself to move from my spot. I was far too comfortable. Everyone had left the common room to go to bed, all except five of us.

Peter Pettigrew had passed out on the floor in front of the fireplace. As soon as his head hit the ground, he was passed out. Whereas the rest of us had stayed awake chatting.

I had avoided Peter as much as possible. Even seeing him asleep put a scowl on my face. I wanted to do nothing more than rip him to pieces for what he did. But I couldn't interfere, not until Dumbledore gave me the go ahead. If he said no, he still wouldn't be able to stop me.

For now, I had to ignore him to the best of my abilities and let no-one know of my hatred for the rat. Which would be a lot harder than I originally thought it would be.

Remus was curled into the armchair, James on one end of the sofa and I was on the other side. My back was against the arm rest with my legs spread across Sirius' lap who was sat between us.

My head could easily rest on his shoulder, he was sat that close.

I'd been matching Sirius' pace all evening and he couldn't have been more excited. Only one other person could match him and that was James. But he was too occupied with trying to woo Lily Evans.

When my eyes had first caught sight of James Potter early in the party, it was hard to stop looking at him. He looked exactly like Harry. Or rather, Harry looked exactly like James Potter. I had to hide in a corner for a moment and compose myself before I burst into tears.

Sirius' fingers were absentmindedly tracing the faint scars on my legs. The glamour couldn't keep the worst ones covered. At least they looked slightly better than what they actually were. He frowned as he traced one of the bigger ones on my thigh. "How'd you get these scars?"

All eyes turned to me, but I didn't miss a beat. "Riding a dragon."

"No, you didn't." James spluttered out between laughs.

"Sure did. It was a Ukrainian Ironbelly. Poor thing had gone partially blind from being trapped underground."

"You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding."

I certainly didn't look like I was kidding. "I guess you'll never know." I smirked, picking up the beer bottle myself and Sirius were still sharing.

As I drank from the bottle, Sirius' eyes were drawn to the faded lettering on my arm. It was slowly revealing itself, the spell I had put on it for the day disappearing. He instantly snatched my arm and brought it closer to his eyes.

They were a little fuzzy from all the alcohol but if he squinted, he could make it out.

FILTHY MUTT

"Who did this to you?" Sirius snarled.

I flinched and he softened his grip on my arm. I had to endure the Cruciatus curse before Bellatrix carved those words into my arm. It was the nightmare that haunted me the most.

"No-one."

"Aurora..."

"Drop it." I hissed before I finished the bottle in one. I did not need to talk about this today.

A solemn silence fell between us all. The war was looming over them all and getting worse. They don't know what's at stake, but I do.

We spoke for a while longer, this time of lighter topics. They had acknowledged that I'm a werewolf but didn't say anything else. Why would they? They understood the situation.

Kismet ⤖ Sirius BlackOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara