❝𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐔𝐑𝐄 & 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒❞

23RD NOVEMBER1977

23RD NOVEMBER1977

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

THE MARAUDERS' WERE SAT IN THE COMMON ROOM, the last ones up for the evening. Remus was originally going to be the only one waiting up for Olivia to come back. He knew about the meeting that was taking place that evening. He knew how nervous she was.

He wanted to be there for her, whatever answer she received.

The others had no idea why he was waiting for her. Only that she had gone to an important meeting with Dumbledore, and would want someone to be there for her when she arrived back.

The portrait door, swung open, and Olivia stood by the door. She looked...depleted.

All of a sudden, she screamed. A heart wrenching scream, that had all the boys flinching. They were glad they had placed the muffliato charm on the room, earlier on in the night when they stared playing music to waste time.

Olivia became destructive, throwing books against the walls, pushing over tables and chairs. Anything to let her anger out. She felt lost and broken.

The boys watched on in shock, having never seen her this way before. They didn't even know what set her off this way.

But Remus knew. It was obvious. The Order had said no to changing the past. They were going to find a way to send her back.

Her chest heaved up and down as she calmed down. But that wasn't the end of it. The tears began pouring down her face as she looked at the boys.

Both Sirius and Remus stood up from the sofa, ready to comfort the girl.

"Liv..." Sirius sympathised for the witch as she came running over, but he couldn't do anything.

As Olivia had run into the arms of Remus Lupin, burying her head into his chest, as she cried her eyes out.

Sirius was left dumbstruck. He was sure that she would have run into his arms. They were the closest, weren't they? Well, apparently not. His shoulder's slump in disappointment at not being able to help the girl he cared for.

Remus was whispering into her ear, trying to calm her down.

The only words they could coherently hear through her sobs were, "They said no."

He sat back on the sofa, with Olivia curled into him, crying her eyes out.

All she wanted to do was stop Voldemort and bring back control to the Wizarding World. She wanted to save the lives of those who didn't deserve to die. Wizards and muggles alike. How could the Order not understand that?

If they followed a strict plan, nothing would go wrong. Voldemort would realise what had happened too late. He'd be dead before he realised all of his horcruxes were destroyed. There would have been no repercussions, no butterfly effects.

But no. The Order had voted against it. Only three of them had voted to change everything. They were greatly outnumbered.

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

Olivia awoke with a start. Sweat covered her body as she was tangled in the sheets. Her heart was racing from the nightmare she had just endured. She was lucky her scream hadn't awoken the rest of the girls in the dorm.

They were all fast asleep in their beds still.

There was only one person Olivia could go to, to seek comfort for her racing heart. To someone to talk to about what she had just seen.

She could have gone to Lily, but she was closer to Remus.

She crept out of her bed, making sure to pick up her wand and made her way out of the girls' dorm. She headed straight to the boys, knowing that they'd all be sound asleep. She would wake Remus if she had to. She just couldn't be alone.

She slowly pushed open their door, trying to keep as quiet as she could. The room was encased in darkness, and Olivia walked to the left, knowing that Remus' bed was that way.

Halfway across the room, Olivia stopped, realising how stupid she was acting.

"Pull yourself together, King." She mumbled. She turned to head back the way she came, but paused mid step as she heard her name.

"Liv, is that you?" Sirius whispered, his head poking out from behind his bed curtain. His eyes were squinting at her.

"Yeah." She whispered back.

"You alright?"

Olivia bit her lip. Did she answer truthfully or lie? "No." Her voice shook as she whispered.

"Come here." Sirius opened the curtain wider for Olivia to climb into his bed.

She climbed under the covers and faced Sirius as he faced her. He reached for his wand on his side table and quickly cast the muffliato spell.

It had become the usual to use the spell, when all of them wanted to speak privately with no-one overhearing.

"Nightmare?" Sirius asked, leaning his head on his arm.

Olivia nodded her head against the pillow.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head, no.

Her nightmare consisted of watching everyone die. Dying by Voldemort's hands. All of her friends, past and future. Her mind plagued her with different ways Voldemort and his death eaters would kill them all. She was haunted by what the world would come to under Voldemort's ruling; a world she didn't want to live in.

"Can I stay here, tonight?" She still whispered, too worried to speak loudly, even though she didn't need to be.

"You never need to ask." Sirius pulled her into him, letting her rest her head on his arm, as his other hung over her waist. He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

He held her tightly to him, she needed the comfort of someone being there for her, for someone to catch her when she fell. He would be that anchor.

Even if he wasn't her first choice.